Will this let me use apples magic mouse on my PC?
Jan 5, 2010 at 7:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Get_Zwole

500+ Head-Fier
I know there is downloads that will let you use the magic mouse on your pc. But you still have to have bluetooth my 2.5 year old dell does not have bluetooth so will a part like this be compatible with the apple product? Or is there another better way to make it work?
Rocketfish - Rocketfish Micro Bluetooth 2.1 EDR USB Adapter

Thanks for any help.

Jan 5, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #2 of 11
Don't quote me on this, but i think the magic mouse is built to work exclusively for the Mac OS, therefore bluetooth or not it's still going to render it useless.

Jan 5, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #3 of 11
Yeah i know its not "supposed" to work but i just came across this link kinda answered my own question
I knew they could be used with pc just didnt know about the bluetooth.
How To Use Apple’s Magic Mouse on a Windows PC | LostInTechnology
Ive got a 100 dollar visa gift card so i think im gonna give it a whirl gonna run to the apple store here in a bit to make sure its what i want. Hopefully it works out.

Jan 5, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Get_Zwole /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah i know its not "supposed" to work but i just came across this link kinda answered my own question
I knew they could be used with pc just didnt know about the bluetooth.
How To Use Apple’s Magic Mouse on a Windows PC | LostInTechnology
Ive got a 100 dollar visa gift card so i think im gonna give it a whirl gonna run to the apple store here in a bit to make sure its what i want. Hopefully it works out.

I guess the worst thing that'll happen is you'd just have to return it. Good Luck.

Jan 5, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #5 of 11
Well got it to work just fine. It works great scrolls verticly and horizontally without a problem. Now im unsure if im going to keep it or not lol. It doesnt fit my hand very well kinda too slim if you ask me. Plus im already starting to miss my back button on my logitech. I have to replace mine since my click button is going out but i dont know if the apple will be the one. Ill give it overnight till i figure out if im gonna return it or not.

Jan 5, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #6 of 11
I have an MX Revolution and don't see any sense in upgrading... ever! I don't really use the thumb wheel at all, but I'm sure I'll find software someday that could use it. The Magic Mouse is way to small and unfit to use for more than just a few minutes from my experience. What other mice have you tried?

Jan 5, 2010 at 11:39 PM Post #7 of 11
right now im using a logitech ummm cant remember the model its a few years old my all time favorite. has volume control media buttons, next previous track buttons etc. My clicker is giong out though and double clicks all the time and wont even select text anymore so i need one asap. I have the MX revolution but i lost the charger so i dont know what to do? I called Logitech this afternoon and they basically told me i was SOL ****ty customer service people as well. Now im looking into razers. I spent 80 bucks on the revolution and now i cant use it really sucks. I like the one i currently use better then the revolution just because it fits my hand perfectly.

Jan 6, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #9 of 11
Too bad they never really made the Lx700 as just a mouse. It was basically a wireless MX518 and I loved it. The MX620 looks like it could be a pretty decent mouse as well.

I've never tried out Razer stuff, though it is really good stuff, I've just been very satisfied with Logitech gear.

Jan 6, 2010 at 1:44 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeyItsBattleKid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Too bad they never really made the Lx700 as just a mouse. It was basically a wireless MX518 and I loved it. The MX620 looks like it could be a pretty decent mouse as well.

I've never tried out Razer stuff, though it is really good stuff, I've just been very satisfied with Logitech gear.

Yeah I was never a huge fan of the way the MX felt in my hand if i had the charger dont get me wrong i would certainly use it and save my money and enjoy it as well. I just cant believe they dont sell the charger alone i checked ebay as well and no luck so far. Im looking at this Razer Razer Orochiâ„¢ Bluetooth Notebook Gaming Mouse | Buy Online only thing is i dont have bluetooth again but im assuming the bluetooth adapter i bought today would work just as good with the Razer as it did the apple.

Jan 6, 2010 at 5:21 AM Post #11 of 11
Bluetooth is never something I really wanted to get involved with. It has poor PC support from my last experience. If they commercialized it better for PC, I would think more highly of it. I've found that any mouse will fit your hand if you use it enough. I thought the MX was uncomfortable at first. After about 2 weeks, and going back to the bulkier, narrower grip of a LX700 mouse, my feelings completely flip-flopped.

Hope that Razer works out! From people that I've heard from that have them, they really do like em!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back