Will an amp work with an ipod with a dead jack?
Oct 5, 2012 at 7:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

sonicx2218

Head-Fier
I currently don't have any headphone amps. Will have them back in a week or two, but I have a question. My ipod's audio jack is srs starting to die; it randomly dies out and later comes back. Do the amps still need the jack to "work" in order for them to deliver sound? I'm not sure if it's just the power aspect or the audio signal in its entirety that's dying. If anyone else has had this happen and can help me that'd be great. I'll have my amps back in a week or 2 so no big deal if no one can help, but if I can replace my ipod sooner than later it'd be beneficial. 

Oct 5, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #2 of 5
I have a FiiO E17.

I also have a cable which plugs into the flat connector in the iPod and goes to the "regular" Aux input on my E17.

I think that would solve your problem, if I'm following you correctly?  Sounds like your headphone jac on your iPod is broken?

Oct 6, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
I currently don't have any headphone amps. Will have them back in a week or two, but I have a question. My iPod's audio jack is srs starting to die; it randomly dies out and later comes back. Do the amps still need the jack to "work" in order for them to deliver sound? I'm not sure if it's just the power aspect or the audio signal in its entirety that's dying. If anyone else has had this happen and can help me that'd be great. I'll have my amps back in a week or 2 so no big deal if no one can help, but if I can replace my iPod sooner than later it'd be beneficial. 

Get a Fiio L cable, connects from the Apple's LOD port to an external headphone amplifier (it bypasses the iPods headphone jack).

Fiio E6 portable headphone amplifier, $30
Fiio E11 portable headphone amplifier, $60

Oct 7, 2012 at 8:28 AM Post #5 of 5
Thanks for the clarification guys, I bought a used E17 and iPod cable so I don't know what the iPod cable is called.
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back