Why Winamp is sounding this good??
Feb 3, 2017 at 2:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

sonci

500+ Head-Fier
It's been years that my default audio player for pc, is Foobar2k, everything is configured perfectly, and I don't bother compare audio players anymore, 
some are expensive, some are with no GUI at all, but most of them that claim better sound quality just equalize the sound somehow,

Since I'm listening to some multichannel albums lately, I'm using my EMU1820M, through Foo Asio, but still the sound was dull, and lifeless, so I tried the good old Winamp with Otachan Asio plugin, and bump the sound I remember, crisp clear and maybe a bit louder, 
there are no  EQ in the chain, everything is turned off, both players output bit perfect dts files to receiver, and still they sound different, maybe someone would prefer foobar sound but I'm pretty sure they sound different, also I noticed asio channel mapping is a bit different between the 2 plugins,
so what has happened with Foobar sound, maybe there's something wrong with asio plugin but wasapi is not sounding better, 

I was going to post to hydrogenaudio forums, but they will say I'm deaf,
Can any Foobar user that use Asio output, or any semipro soundcard try Winamp with otachan plugin for some minutes, and confirm I'm not deaf??
anyway Winamp GUI is horrendous, anyone can help with a skin with large fonts for  HDTV..

Feb 6, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #2 of 2
if you like WinAMP (I used to be a purist since the beginning in the mid/late 90s) you may want to take a look at AIMP3.  Google it.  More matured WinAMP and has WASAPI output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back