Why the cable myth won't go away
Jan 10, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #61 of 72

These are a fancier version of what those guys were wearing. I think the high end version is pure oxygen free silver with little nanobots the scoop up sounds waves and gently guide them to your ears.  
http://www.audioholics.com/news/audiophile-ears-listening-accessory

Look at the price on those babies. Wow. 

Despite the fact that I *know* that there's no limit to what people will spend/buy on 'audiophile' hi-fi, I'm calling shenanigans on this one...

1. That looks like a really poorly photoshopped picture of David Beckham

2. "Roskhilde Audio" only seems to come up on Google linked to this article

3. Article posted on 1st April

That said, I bet if these things did/do exist for real, people would/did/do buy them...

Jan 10, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #62 of 72
It's really hard to do parodies of audiophoolery. The real ones are already so extreme, anything you do to make fun seems tame.

Jan 10, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #63 of 72

Despite the fact that I *know* that there's no limit to what people will spend/buy on 'audiophile' hi-fi, I'm calling shenanigans on this one...

1. That looks like a really poorly photoshopped picture of David Beckham

2. "Roskhilde Audio" only seems to come up on Google linked to this article

3. Article posted on 1st April

That said, I bet if these things did/do exist for real, people would/did/do buy them...

Yeah pretty sure it's an April Fool's joke but I absolutely have seen little cardboard versions of these.

Jan 10, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #64 of 72
Good catch. I'm too gullible 
biggrin.gif

Now here's some voodoo I really don't understand.

http://www.lessloss.com/blackbody-p-200.html

What is this thing.

Jan 10, 2014 at 4:16 PM Post #65 of 72
Don't you see how happy this piece of ... metal ... makes some people? They have heard changes so they must be real. Proof for that are the similar reviews they write. They cannot all be wrong.
You evil guys are just trying to take the happiness from those people.

The subjective approach and defense summed up in two lines.
tongue.gif

Jan 10, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #66 of 72
I think there is a lot more money to be made in sound that you may not be actually hearing than the sound you do.

Jan 10, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #67 of 72
The profit margin is definitely astronomical with stuff like audiophile cables and other shenanigans.

As Kurt Denke (Blue Jeans Cable) said: "in a lot of cases a $17 and a $150 cable may have been made in the same factory and may have cost the same to make".

Jan 10, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #69 of 72
  The profit margin is definitely astronomical with stuff like audiophile cables and other shenanigans.

As Kurt Denke (Blue Jeans Cable) said: "in a lot of cases a $17 and a $150 cable may have been made in the same factory and may have cost the same to make".

The $133 value added comes from where the $150 cable tells you its directionality. 
cool.gif

Jan 10, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #71 of 72
Kicking myself for not "inventing" this black box...:blink:  

Its alright. You can start making them "by hand", and charge double the price.
Handmade in the swiss alps where the cosmic energy balance is perfect.

Jan 10, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #72 of 72
  Don't you see how happy this piece of ... metal ... makes some people? They have heard changes so they must be real. Proof for that are the similar reviews they write. They cannot all be wrong.
You evil guys are just trying to take the happiness from those people.

The subjective approach and defense summed up in two lines.
tongue.gif

On a couple other forums I have read exactly this complaint probably no less than two dozen times (likely more) in just the past week.  It is almost like their is a pope of the audiophile church somewhere issuing papal decrees to the faithful. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back