why my Macbook is not recharging?
Jun 22, 2009 at 11:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

fdhfdy

1000+ Head-Fier
I had left for holiday about 2 months. The mac had been in the draw during the time. When returned home I found it couldn't work without adapter although the battery was put on. The recharging light is always green but just that. Any victims here like me?
confused.gif

Jun 23, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #2 of 8
sounds like your battery died, you still have warranty?

Jun 23, 2009 at 2:59 PM Post #3 of 8
Yes, get the battery checked and/or replaced.

Jun 23, 2009 at 4:26 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by lxxl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sounds like your battery died, you still have warranty?

I am afraid not. it's just out of warranty for two weeks. I checked with a staff in apple store and he told me that it's gonna cost 300$ for them to fix the problem. That won't include inspection fee
frown.gif

its so weird to have this problem as it was working fine before I went for holiday.
confused.gif

Jun 24, 2009 at 12:01 AM Post #5 of 8
Have you been noticing any problems with the battery such as lower battery life or longer charge time?

It is semi rare for a battery to just "die".

The problem may very well be the jack and not the battery. A quick and cheap possible fix for it is to get an old school #2 pencil and rub the eraser on a desk until you have very fine pieces of eraser and put them in the jack. When you plug in the charger turn the plug a bit and see if it is charging.

Jun 24, 2009 at 1:05 AM Post #6 of 8
Batteries do die randomly but most of the time have signs, but not always. But it's good idea to check it, with another macbook perhaps. If it does fail and you want a replacement, ebay is your best friend then.

I often run my macbook without battery, leaving it overcharged is not good for it.

Jun 24, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by fdhfdy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had left for holiday about 2 months. The mac had been in the draw during the time. When returned home I found it couldn't work without adapter although the battery was put on. The recharging light is always green but just that. Any victims here like me?
confused.gif

Apple usually advises that you follow a certain protocol if you're not going to be using your battery for a while. They say you should charge your battery to about 50% capacity and then remove it.

Since you may not have done this, I would assume that the computer has forgotten just how much juice the battery has. If I were you, I would shut down the computer, remove the power cable and try to power up from the battery. Hold the power button down for about 5-7 seconds. Plug the power cable back in. I hope that can solve your problem.

Jun 24, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by fdhfdy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
its so weird to have this problem as it was working fine before I went for holiday.
confused.gif

For some reason batteries die quickly.
I am into my third battery, over two years, on my MacBook Pro. The two previous ones went from ~95% to ~40% capacity in just a day or two. Luckily both were replaced by warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back