Why does music sound so good after some workout in a nice cool weather?
Apr 21, 2018 at 8:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

SilverEars

Headphoneus Supremus
Why does music sound so good after some workout and nice cool weather? I have the window open with a nice cool temperature(outside with the cool breeze in the night), and I generally find that there is an ideal situation music sounds the best. To me, this makes a difference for some reason.

Also, being in good physical shape makes a difference in how optimally the auditory system work I believe. So, after exercise, music sounds pretty good, but also being in good generally physical condition will have an effect in how you hear.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #2 of 39
Why does music sound so good after some workout and nice cool weather? I have the window open with a nice cool temperature(outside with the cool breeze in the night), and I generally find that there is an ideal situation music sounds the best. To me, this makes a difference for some reason.

Also, being in good physical shape makes a difference in how optimally the auditory system work I believe. So, after exercise, music sounds pretty good, but also being in good generally physical condition will have an effect in how you hear.
A bit of exercise turns off the brains need to accomplish something...music is best enjoyed in a relaxed state...just an opinion here....Johny Walker can help with this my friend.

Apr 21, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #3 of 39
When you get your blood moving, your enjoyment (dopamine levels) is elevated leading to better sound listening experience

Apr 21, 2018 at 9:56 PM Post #4 of 39
with a nice cool temperature(outside with the cool breeze in the night),
Wonder if it could also be cleaner power in your area at night, (maybe a factory or large office building, etc. aren't degrading the local grid at night, as they do/might during the day). Then on warm nights, more air conditioning units being used, might also have an affect, instead of people just opening their windows.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2018 at 10:39 PM Post #5 of 39
Window open and cool temp. makes better indoor air quality.
Better indoors air quality = better brain function.
That’s make your music better.
Search some indoor air quality issue sites.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2018 at 11:21 PM Post #6 of 39
I really don't like warm air, it doesn't feel comfortable and I guess if one is uncomfortable, it's on the mind. You know when the room is a bit warm or hot? It's not so comfortable?

Anybody notice the feeling of the air is? Like when the air has more moisture vs not so much, but also at the same time, not warm, but cool(not cold)? I think certain weather conditions are just better for the overall mood.

Personally, I find when the night time air is cool, the air seem compressed(cool is compressed, and warm has more kinetic energy and expands?), it just seems like the right condition for my hearing. I wonder if physiologically this condition changes my sensory in some way?

I just notice this happening to me so consistently that I think there is something to it.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2018 at 11:46 PM Post #7 of 39
I know I'm more likely to listen to HPs when it's cool in my room. If my head is slightly damp from sweat, or even after getting out of the shower, the last thing I want to do is to put on HPs. I haven't done it enough to notice a difference in SQ though. Wonder if this is measurable? :dt880smile:

Apr 22, 2018 at 5:28 AM Post #9 of 39
I wonder if physiologically this condition changes my sensory in some way?
Wonder if this is measurable? :dt880smile:
TVOC(Total volatile organic compounds) in indoor air is measurable fyi.
@Pokemonn I was actually responding to SilverEars' post, since a theme of the Sound Science forum is things must be measurable. I don't believe there is any way that temperature and humidity having an affect on his enjoyment, could be proved objectively, (at least not without having probes in the pleasure centers of his brain). But obviously temperature, humidity, and TVOC can be measured.

A series of hearing tests given for various temperature, humidity, and TVOC could be interesting ... to see if there was any measurable affects to ones hearing, but that still wouldn't prove this is why one is enjoying the music more or less. I would be suprised though to see if TVOC from out-gassing of carpets, urea glues, etc. would have any measurable effect on a series of hearing tests, or if so, I would guess much, much less than temperature.

Apr 22, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #11 of 39
Better indoors air quality = better brain function.
That’s make your music better.
Search some indoor air quality issue sites.

I'm not sure if this is the right forum but I just wanted to let everyone know that I sell canisters of "audiophile grade" air. You can either use it all in one go for your whole room or make it last longer by using a car tire pump to only fill your ear canals. Only $199 each or 5 for $1200.

G

Apr 22, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #12 of 39
I'm not sure if this is the right forum but I just wanted to let everyone know that I sell canisters of "audiophile grade" air. You can either use it all in one go for your whole room or make it last longer by using a car tire pump to only fill your ear canals. Only $199 each or 5 for $1200.

G

If you can cryo treat the canisters for me before you fill them with the audiophile air, I’ll pay triple.

Apr 22, 2018 at 9:26 AM Post #13 of 39
If you can cryo treat the canisters for me before you fill them with the audiophile air, I’ll pay triple.

That is on my to do list but is going to have to wait I'm afraid, I'm currently working on oxygen free audiophile air. Guaranteed to be a blind test, after the first minute or so.

G

Apr 22, 2018 at 11:46 PM Post #15 of 39
I would imagine that lower barometric pressure makes the transducers job easier. No idea if this is true, but it seems logical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back