Why do you have multiple headphones of the same type?
Oct 29, 2003 at 9:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

sygyzy

1000+ Head-Fier
For those of you that have multiple headphones of the same type, that serve basically the same purpose, why?

There are many different situations that warrant different headphones. Say you want portability and sound isolation. That's one example. Another is you want an open pair and another example is you want a closed full sized pair.

So say you get the best of each category. It doesn't matter what others think is the best, it's just what you feel. So Joe Schmo chooses Etymotic ER-4S, HD 650, and I dunno, how about DT831.

Well I noticed some people actually have multiple open's, multiple closed, etc. For instance CD3000's AND 831's. What is the purpose of this?

Are you guys just collecting them? I mean I can see that point of view. I am planning on getting more headphones, just because they are kind of addicting but I am having a hard time really saying I 'need' them.

Thoughts?

Oct 29, 2003 at 9:51 PM Post #2 of 37
'cause we're nuts. But don't tell anybody, please!
wink.gif

Grinnings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Oct 29, 2003 at 9:59 PM Post #3 of 37
different locations?

I have cd3000s for work and v6s at home for my roland drum set. if I was rich I would buy r10s for the office, move the cd3000s to my set, and take the v6s around. Three closed headphones, all sony sounding, but for different reasons.

Oct 29, 2003 at 10:06 PM Post #5 of 37
Hmm different locations. That's an interesting reason I did not think of. Then why not have the multiple headphones of the same model, so you can have uniformity between locations?

Oct 29, 2003 at 10:16 PM Post #6 of 37
If you were going to spend the money anyway, may as well get different things so you get a broad taste of everything that's out there, instead of being stuck on the same headphone.

Not only that, the needs of different locations are probably different. I'm not likely to take a CD3000 to work, or even listen to it when I'm walking down the street.

I'm also probably not going to be satisfied with a V6 while sitting at home...

Oct 29, 2003 at 10:31 PM Post #8 of 37
Hello, my name is Tim...and I'm a headphone junkie.

Oct 29, 2003 at 10:32 PM Post #9 of 37
yeah, here got E5
eek.gif

anyway..it's just great to choose a record, then choose your weapon!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 29, 2003 at 10:45 PM Post #11 of 37
I have to agree with sygyzy on this tread, why have lets say, 3 sets of phones? Ok, u may get alot of pleasure from ure phones but gosh, its alot of money, especially for the guys here in the forums wich have 5 pairs. Ok, there are some filthy rich guys here so they dont count
tongue.gif
but us mortals, i just think its a waste, i prefer just having 1 set of phones, ok, a pair for portable can be nice
wink.gif

Oct 29, 2003 at 10:50 PM Post #13 of 37
Quote:

Originally posted by Mindless
I have to agree with sygyzy on this tread, why have lets say, 3 sets of phones? Ok, u may get alot of pleasure from ure phones but gosh, its alot of money, especially for the guys here in the forums wich have 5 pairs. Ok, there are some filthy rich guys here so they dont count
tongue.gif
but us mortals, i just think its a waste, i prefer just having 1 set of phones, ok, a pair for portable can be nice
wink.gif

hey..i first swore just to get the HD600 and porta corda.. i'm not rich.. all i get from job is about $1100 a month in israel.. but damn..i just love headphones!
tongue.gif

lucky me i don't have to pay a rent..it's my dad's flat..

oh and get rid of that avatar, man.. i almost confused you with member fewtch..

Oct 29, 2003 at 10:55 PM Post #14 of 37
i have a feeling ur taking about me
tongue.gif

myeggos.JPG

why? because i got them all cheap, soo cheap that i couldnt stop myself, maybe someday i will become rich when i sell them all togather....hey..who knows
biggrin.gif

Oct 29, 2003 at 11:01 PM Post #15 of 37
Quote:

Originally posted by sygyzy
For those of you that have multiple headphones of the same type, that serve basically the same purpose, why?

Perhaps, because when that special person comes along, we want to share the music?

Seriously, sometimes we don't want sell old headphones and we purchased old ones, or we worry one headphone might break (and maybe become unavailable for purchasing again -- maybe Sonys will have this property) or we want to use them in different locations ....

I don't understand why you think this is odd. Many, many people have multiple pairs of shoes -- why would headphones be different?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back