Why do people prefer push button controls over touch panel?
Apr 6, 2024 at 7:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Bahnhof Zoo

New Head-Fier
I seem to be in the minority in that I prefer touch panel over buttons. It’s actually a huge selling point for me. Nowadays touch has gotten so much better not to mention…buttons involve mechanical, moving parts that will eventually break. A touch panel just seems more conducive to longevity of a headphone. Perhaps I’m overthinking it or just way too paranoid, but I’m seriously trying to understand. What is it about push buttons that make for a better experience?

Apr 6, 2024 at 10:23 AM Post #2 of 6
Sounds better.

Apr 6, 2024 at 10:30 AM Post #3 of 6
I don't know that a simple, well-built switch is any more likely to break than a touch panel. I haven't had either break on any audio equipment (knock on wood), but I did have to toss a perfectly good printer recently when the touch panel failed.

Apr 6, 2024 at 11:42 AM Post #4 of 6
I can find physical buttons without looking and just by feeling with my fingers whereas touch panels are smooth and featureless and I need to look to see what I'm touching.

I miss being able to type text into my phone without even taking it out of my pocket. And there's no good reason I should have to take my eyes off the road just to turn up the heat a couple clicks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back