Why audiophiles are the best
Dec 13, 2023 at 5:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Audiophiliac

100+ Head-Fier
Audiophiles are the best people because we are the people who care the most about what life is actually supposed to be.
We knew that our original $50 player wasn't what it was actually supposed to sound like.
We demand what life is actually supposed to be.
Audiophiles are a small percentage, and mostly men, because reality is that hardly anyone cares about what life is actually supposed to be.
Women are a very small percentage of audiophiles, and it's sad, but it's because women are mostly busy trying to make men choose them, instead of anything else.
If you don't believe audiophiles are the next logical step of being the purist people in society, when is the last time you saw someone post a picture of a girl in a bikini in our mostly males audio forum?
Congratulations, gentlemen, you win. Well, our gear makers could actually outdo us, if we think we can just be us.
Lets just keep it to ourselves, we don't want Dua Lipa joining us.
I also bet that none of you are actually the music fans who are into criminal rap, since you would have to care about your subs more than the rest, which would then lead to better subs performing better, and that would ruin the criminal aspect of rap for it's fans.
It would be nice if someone designed some speakers for rock concerts that could compete with our own, but we'd probably still just complain that a studio was the quieter place to perform.
Keep on dreaming that your favorite musicians will plug straight into your own amps. Except they'd probably all cause a big ruckus in your listening room and want to play all those other tracks too, right?

Keep on being the best, audiophiles, and thank you.
🌏

Dec 13, 2023 at 6:35 PM Post #3 of 5
And we're a rare breed with keen hearing that can sometimes hear things that's not even in the recording :sweat_smile::thumbsup:
Not only that, but it's even sadder that we keep losing stuff. Transistors losing something yet measuring better than tubes. I have heard a windup turntable playing 78's through a horn. The old people from the 20's singing were literally so directly captured that they sounded exactly like they were once alive. Imagine that.
Something got lost from converting to electric playback, even though something was gained, and something was also lost by dropping down to 33rpm, rather than going higher. People with horns still like their horns, I haven't heard good versions of those yet. CD's got rid of hearing a recording medium, yet turned actual recordings into only playing back a timeless sample over time thousands of times per second. Now, Audirvana is the most accurate playback software yet, and even though USB is the non-dedicated audio output method I so far still have to use to at least keep the original I2S format that CD players never lost, my still an R2R DAC probably destroys what anyone's CD player from the 80's sounded like. Maybe not though, some people had the money, I could be wrong. But no, the post-80s DA chips he was using are argued to be the best of the R2R's, and the new lesser known ones he's using since those are out of production and supply are said to be less warm but more neutral, which I would prefer.
After spending time with uncompressed files from a quiet USB stick, I should tell you that your flac files are keeping you from being such a slacker that you'll falling asleep, because the sound all includes cpu noise that will make your dog want to kill your favorite artists. But, after saying that, I actually don't find flac that bad. Yet I do have to say that.
All this recording and playing back puts professors into the music listening experience. 💡:thumbsup::gs1000smile:
I don't want to be a showoff, but I have to admit that audiophiles are purity's 1%. It's actually still not even that good for me, since I can't afford any $300k speakers yet. I'll just have to work for more money, which I don't mind anyways. Hmm, no, at some point being a professor or a rocket scientist who only works for Elon may still come before money. Oddly enough, a music artists who somehow makes a single good song about a subject that only audiophiles would be into, may not be able to afford the $300k speakers with the stuff that they deserve before it, either. Alas, it is a performers job to make content that people like no matter what it gets played back on, first and foremost, after all.

Edit: A woman should be right that there should also be plants. Hmm.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2023 at 9:11 PM Post #4 of 5
And we're a rare breed with keen hearing that can sometimes hear things that's not even in the recording :sweat_smile::thumbsup:
No to brag about my superior hearing, but I can hear the difference between rainy days and sunny days - rainy days sound better btw. I am super serious :relieved:

Dec 16, 2023 at 5:54 AM Post #5 of 5
No to brag about my superior hearing, but I can hear the difference between rainy days and sunny days - rainy days sound better btw. I am super serious :relieved:
I find the rainy days a little too pre-Beatles Liverpoolian. Sunny days are the ones where children play. Also, on sunny days, I make it have to be the people who are bored so I don't care about's privates, so that they have to be perverts, so that people get why they're dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back