Why are you guys all the way down here?
Dec 13, 2012 at 2:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

Strangelove424

500+ Head-Fier
I've been looking for an actual music forum for the past few months on Head-Fi, but for some reason I never bothered to peer into the oft-marginalized "miscellaneous" category. After crawling into what is usually the unwanted and unloved part of any forum, I am both glad and slightly bothered to find the actual music forum buried down here next to DIY (no offense to DIY guys, all the respect, I'm just sayin'). Its indicative to me about the state of the hobby today. Regardless, it's nice to finally find the music threads. Salutations.   

Dec 13, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #2 of 44
Once you reach Headphonus Supremus status and thereby gain entry to the H.S. forums the Music Subforum is at the top of the listings of forums , rather than tucked away into the marginalized "miscellaneous" category, to wit here seen ;') 

So, stick it out and first buy/build some gear ;')

Dec 13, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #3 of 44
It's ironic that the two most important topics to audiophiles- music and sound science- are marginalized around here. I guess those things aren't priorities to some.

Dec 13, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #4 of 44
Quote:
It's ironic that the two most important topics to audiophiles- music and sound science- are marginalized around here. I guess those things aren't priorities to some.

I had always wondered about this as well. It has always boggled my mind how far down the the Music topic was located. I think their priorities are a outta whack a bit :)

Dec 13, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #5 of 44
Quote:

I agree. I would think it should be a major thread out in the front lines. This is an audiophile site, haha. The easier it is to find, the more people enter, and the more great tunes to discover and run through our gear.

Dec 13, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #6 of 44
There should be rock, classical and jazz subforums too.

Dec 13, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #8 of 44
Quote:
There should be rock, classical and jazz subforums too.

Yep. I could imagine some pretty cool subforums. Mixers/Djs could have a ball trading beats and stuff, there's so much cool stuff that could be done with it. And the irony strikes me as well. I thought the very core of this pursuit was the music. 

Dec 15, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #9 of 44
But surely if there sub forums of a subforum then people would be pretty much isolated to their genre and not discover anything new?

Cheers

Dec 15, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #10 of 44
Music don`t pay, Cables do!

Anyway I think in the beginning, there were subsection of Music, but it didn`t work,
I think this way is better, who knows if I see the right thread I may get in the mood for Jazz..

Dec 15, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #11 of 44
I agree, music, artists and recording quality should be top dog without which one wouldn't need hi-end equipment to reproduce them. That's why whenever I need to know the very good CD mastering of an album, I go to that other place.

Dec 15, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #12 of 44
Quote:
I agree, music, artists and recording quality should be top dog without which one wouldn't need hi-end equipment to reproduce them. That's why whenever I need to know the very good CD mastering of an album, I go to that other place.

and that other place is messy too..

Dec 15, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #14 of 44
Quote:

As I've said before, you know you're an audiophile when you start listening to your gear and not to the music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back