Whose side are you on: Conan or Leno?
Jan 14, 2010 at 2:14 AM Post #17 of 112
I like both of them. It's NBC that sucks.

NBC created this mess a few years back. They forced Leno to resign to keep Conan from going to Fox. That screwed Leno over. Now Conan got screwed by NBC.

If anything, both of them should go to other networks and leave NBC hanging.

Leno is pretty good live, too. He performs Sunday evenings at the Comedy & Magic Club in Hermosa Beach, California. I go every now and then - he's funny, quick and does a good job with longer stories that wouldn't work on TV. Also, he usually runs through Monday's monologue jokes on the audience to see what works - tune in the next day and you'll hear what went over best along with some fine tuning.

Jan 14, 2010 at 2:31 AM Post #19 of 112
I like Conan much better. Without knowing the inside story, to me it seems like Jay is going to lose a lot of respect on this one. I think he should have fallen on the sword and realized his time was done. His 10pm show is terrible, as was his tonight show. I can't believe he would be ok with jumping to 11:35 and forcing Conan to either move to 12 or jump ship to Fox (as is rumored), what a d-bag...

Jan 14, 2010 at 2:35 AM Post #20 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gimme red. Big chins scare me, and I like bears that play with their junk.

Hell yes! Bring back the masturbating bear.

Jan 14, 2010 at 2:40 AM Post #21 of 112
I'm too old for Conan and not old enough for Leno.
I remember seeing Leno at The Bottom Line in the village when I was 17 or 18, he did a great clean set. back then it was much easier getting into clubs and bars if you're underaged. I don't think I was ID'ed once. (and the drinking age was 18)
guess that means I'm more a Leno fan than conan fan, I've heard conan is a big bully
I can believe that. yeah, I can.

Jan 14, 2010 at 2:51 AM Post #22 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

NBC created this mess a few years back. They forced Leno to resign to keep Conan from going to Fox. That screwed Leno over. Now Conan got screwed by NBC.

Leno is pretty good live, too. He performs Sunday evenings at the Comedy & Magic Club in Hermosa Beach, California. I go every now and then - he's funny, quick and does a good job with longer stories that wouldn't work on TV. Also, he usually runs through Monday's monologue jokes on the audience to see what works - tune in the next day and you'll hear what went over best along with some fine tuning.

You are so RIGHT, AGAIN....Uncle ERIK

Jan 14, 2010 at 3:05 AM Post #23 of 112
Conan is funnier. Leno is more of a gentleman, by far. As great as comedy is, I can't side with the person I respect less, and the man I have greater respect for is Leno.

Jan 14, 2010 at 3:51 AM Post #24 of 112
[size=x-large]I'M WITH COCO.[/size]

cats-for-coco-10571-1263361910-151.jpg

Jan 14, 2010 at 3:54 AM Post #25 of 112
Both Leno and Conan do kick ass monologue but I slightly prefer Leno's interviewing skills to Conan's. When it comes to the sketches between the monologues and the interviews, Conan wins big time! The material is much more creative.
Jimmy Fallon is not in the same league and not getting any better.
I like Craig Ferguson's show a lot. Do check out his book, it's a good read.

Jan 14, 2010 at 4:01 AM Post #26 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have seen him live as well at a function I attended. Certainly is more graphic off the air. I like both of them.

Jan 14, 2010 at 5:17 AM Post #29 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BREAKING:

Jay may walk too.

of course, this whole "article" is just hearsay, but i wouldn't be totally surprised if that happened. jay does seem like a really nice guy. nbc is totally screwin the pooch on this one. they're putting a lot of people in inconvenient / awkward positions.

Jan 14, 2010 at 5:38 AM Post #30 of 112
Conan. But I don't really have anything against Jay, even though I don't like his show. His stand up routines were legit, it's a shame his shows never lived up to them.

But Ferguson is probably my favorite of the bunch, and I hated him initially.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back