Whoa - crazy K240 Sextett auction
Oct 12, 2007 at 12:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

Fitz

Headphoneus Supremus
Check out what somebody just paid for a pair of K240 Sextetts: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=200159738937

For reference, a mint / NOS pair usually goes for half that much.
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif

Oct 12, 2007 at 1:24 AM Post #6 of 47
I like how the seller spelled it "Sextelt". I can't believe people are selling these. I wouldn't think of selling mine even for that much.

Oct 12, 2007 at 1:29 AM Post #7 of 47
someone really wanted that pair. I drove the price up quite a bit
very_evil_smiley.gif
mua ha ha ha

I think someone read the recent thread about them, and decided they needed a pair now! its gotta be sweet to be one of those sellers who's just in the right place at the right time

Oct 12, 2007 at 1:37 AM Post #8 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
someone really wanted that pair. I drove the price up quite a bit
very_evil_smiley.gif
mua ha ha ha

I think someone read the recent thread about them, and decided they needed a pair now! its gotta be sweet to be one of those sellers who's just in the right place at the right time

I guess you don't believe in karma then.

Oct 12, 2007 at 4:18 AM Post #10 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by jellojoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess you don't believe in karma then.

dont get me wrong, i wanted them too. i just came to my senses before it was too late
biggrin.gif

Oct 12, 2007 at 5:33 AM Post #12 of 47
Depending on which edition of the sextett this is, this might not be such a bad deal if the headphones are really in "like new" condition. I own the mid and late editions; I think the middle edition is worth that kind of money.

Oct 12, 2007 at 5:41 AM Post #13 of 47
This is what happen when head-fi rediscovers the wonders of certain vintage headphones. People start thinking they are worth more. And people are making claims that it sounds wonderful, doesn't help the market price.

I bet Fitz is hoarding a whole lot of vintage AKGs (even more than we believe he has) for the purpose of talking others into believe that they are worth alot more just so he can get flithy rich selling them.(I like vintage AKG but I find that thier prices are going up through the years since the rediscovery of good vintage AKG)

Oct 12, 2007 at 6:24 AM Post #15 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3x331m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's all your fault. Now, I can't find a descent pair below $100.
tongue.gif

I've noticed that this places makes everything you want very expensive. Mostly because you wouldn't have wanted them if it weren't for this place.
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back