Who owns(ed) the Turtle Beach HPX and then tried the Z6A? And I guess an introductory post if you will and then some.
Mar 16, 2012 at 1:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

AxelDaemon

Head-Fier
Howdy this would be my first post.

Following on Steggy's Review http://www.head-fi.org/t/461785/an-in-depth-headset-round-up-review-turtle-beach-hpx-astro-a40-sennhieser-pc-350

The HPX seemed to have left the biggest impression at that price range.  (At the time ahem)

Me and a friend were interested in getting one, but of course the product is now discontinued on the website, and there's not even ebay items of this headphone being sold.
Though I did find one particular site selling em in Euros.  http://www.limexb360.co.uk/product/Turtle_Beach_Ear_Force_HPX1_TBHPX1HO 

Though I don't know how trust worthy this site would be, and could be a problem for me since I'm from the US (or rather if they only accept in Euros that would be the problem..)

This headphone is supposedly "replaced by" the Z6A, searching around there are some topics, but there's little user input on whether or not these are true successors or a downgrade etc etc.

So yeah wondering if anyone here tried the Z6A (regardless if you owned HPX before..)

My friend says he's not a competitive person so not much if any at all on competitive shooters.  So just music (Dubstep, K-pop,  J-Pop, rock, electronica, hip hop, dance), MMOs and PC/console games.  More priority over his music.

Me?  Well let's just say I'm VERY flexible, my taste in what I like to hear in my ears included (or it's just because I don't really know yet).  I like to be competitive, and enjoy just about anything gaming genre of any sort has to offer.  I originally live in the US, but I'm currently living in the Philippines for most likely the remainder of the year due to circumstances.  I guess having very neutral headphones means I can appreciate everything, though I do understand based on Mad Lusts guide you should have two headphones one for competitive and one for fun.  Let's just say I'm just getting started in knowing what my ears like...  EDIT: Though you know I really don't give much priority to music, more prioritized with gaming, but considering the headphones I'm eyeing on, it's practically an added bonus anyhow.

His budget is about... $100, with $180 being the most.  He probably wouldn't go past that without very good reasoning and convincing haha.

As for me my wallet is also flexible (even if it is empty at times haha) let's just say... I wanna take the red pill and see how deep the rabbit hole goes.  Steggy and Mad Lust's guides helped out with what I want to decide.  Right now there's a particular store called "PowerMac" in the Philippines, there's sets of Sennheiser from HD555 (I THINK) but I DEFINITELY saw an HD 598 there and I'm eyeing on that... though Mad Lust's guide got me considering Beyer's headphones instead, but I don't see that one anywhere.  I might consider PC360 instead if that one is confirmed to be like the HD595.

One thing though is I own a Mixamp and he will eventually want his own.  (He's borrowing mine at the moment)

Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back