Who Just Bought The Latest RKV?
Jan 4, 2003 at 8:23 PM Post #31 of 33
I'm sorry for two reasons: one, you lost out on an incredible amp; and two I lost out on about $300 in repair costs thanks to the USPS.
frown.gif

Seriously though, the RKV is an awesome amp, and whether you go with it or the EMP you'll be making a huge step up in the amp world from the MG Head. Can you go wrong choosing one or the other? I doubt it. At this level the amps are very good sounding, and lots of times just come down to personal preference more than anything. Whatever your budget and tastes allow for, go for it and don't look back!

Jan 5, 2003 at 5:07 PM Post #32 of 33
I will let you know on whether the new top is glass or plexiglass. According to Mr. Becker, mine has the new top and is due any day now.

On the packaging issue, it is significantly better than it was the first time around. I had one of those original RKV's that was damaged in transit by the Post Office and packaging was okay but the transformer design was the bigger issue, which is now resolved with it being attached to the case.

Jan 5, 2003 at 10:45 PM Post #33 of 33
My ears are burning.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes, I've been away but only due to moving/holidays/etc. The Oris does satisfy me completely. I'm spending pretty much all of my time making incremental tweaks to it.

I hope to get the Oris section of my website FINALLY updated by March.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back