Who is in France or the EU?
Nov 3, 2011 at 1:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 67

ronfifer

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

Anyone of you audiophiles living in France or the EU by any chance?

I would love to share market data and info on the best (online) shops to satisfy our relentless crave for high end audio, at reasonable prices.

The 20% TVA here and lack of price wars makes the USA market the heaven of electronics.

I have came across many decent multimedia stores in the EU that ship across the union with nice discounts and I would love to share.

Next on my shopping list is the Samson SR850 and the Asus XONAR U3 USB card. (Dolby Headphone supported)

Also if anyone is selling these 2nd hand i would be happy to buy.

Cheers

Nov 4, 2011 at 2:15 AM Post #3 of 67

Quote:
I live in The Netherlands :).

Awesome place. I was in Amsterdam last weekend (ESCAPE?) :wink:

by the way thanks for passing by. There are many decent dutch multimedia stores that sell high-end headphones, a large concentration of them in europe actually.

I found this youtube video where the uploader said she bought her Samson SR850 at a very very competitive price from an online dutch site and she mentions its name but i l could never understand the pronounciation and write it down. (AA shop?)

Can you help identify the shop's name from the video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eQjc-0ZJEI

she mentions it between seconds 4 and 12.

:wink:

Nov 30, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #5 of 67
Im from Ireland folks. Very little high end audio here though!

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:55 AM Post #7 of 67
Venice!!! 
beyersmile.png

An European meet would be tough to organize I think...

I've been wondering... Why no Germans on head-fi? There seem to be a lot of British, Irish, Dutch, Italians, French, Swiss, but no German folks...

Dec 9, 2011 at 6:29 AM Post #9 of 67

Quote:
Hello there, I'm from Paris.

I don't know if there are many germans around here, but a good online shop for AKG headphone is thomann.de in Germany

Yeah, Thomann.de is the best for online shopping in Europe, cheap and reliable. They reply to the e-mails in a few ours and everything arrives in few days.

Dec 9, 2011 at 7:46 AM Post #10 of 67
Wow, not so cheap, DenonAH-D5000 is 777 Euro, but only 399 GBP (467 Euro) on Amazon!!

Dec 9, 2011 at 7:50 AM Post #11 of 67

Quote:
Wow, not so cheap, DenonAH-D5000 is 777 Euro, but only 399 GBP (467 Euro) on Amazon!!

Being addressed to professionals, I imagine they don't have a quantity of audiophile headphones that allows them to keep prices so low on them.

So Denon, Ultrasone, and many tipically audiophile brands may not be that convenient there...
But for instance I bought from Thomann my Sennheiser HD650 at 285 Euros one year and a half ago...

Dec 9, 2011 at 7:53 AM Post #12 of 67
Hey Edoardo.

Its a fair point, i do find it difficult to find a good site which caters to Audiophiles in Ireland (even in Europe)!

Thanks

Mark

Dec 12, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #15 of 67

Quote:
Maybe we need to set up our own site!

Since we'll still have to use English, It'll be hard to beat this one. 
biggrin.gif

But if thread such as this will keep opening up, maybe the mods will open a section 
dt880smile.png
 Or we'll finally be able to make a Euro-headphone convention... Somewhere cheap and somewhere the companies would like to go to... Flights are not an issue I guess, Hotels prices may be... And making it big enough for the companies to come... Do American headphone amplifier producers such as Schiit or Woo even go to the Munich HiEnd 2012, anyone knows?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back