Who here cuts their own hair?
Apr 20, 2008 at 4:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 54

Duggeh

Indeed
Cuts is perhaps an overly keen word if its just going over with the clippers. I just decided last week that since I was paying the barber £5 a pop and a set of clippers is £20 I'd start doing it myself. Did it tonight.

Managed to get the back nearly right, a small chunk out of the wrong place, but 3 more goes and I'll have broken even. Plus the clippers have an electric shaver attachment and nose hair trimmer, which will be really useful. I suffer from supernaturally long nose hair. I use it to make ropes.

Short hair is also more conducive to unobstructed headphone listening of course.

Apr 20, 2008 at 4:54 AM Post #5 of 54
i've even done a passable job with scissors before. I gave myself my playoff mohawk, and then turned it into a reasonable conservative haircut when the sides grew out. With clippers this time.

Apr 20, 2008 at 5:32 AM Post #9 of 54
I've only ever trimmed my own bangs. My hairdresser at the time taught me how, which was cool of her. I don't now though. My hair is best to professionals.

I buzz Mr. Plainsong though. Not a lot there to get wrong.
wink.gif

Apr 20, 2008 at 5:35 AM Post #10 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigSurSpoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried once or twice, and all I can say is, it's worth the $$ to not look like a fool...

Ditto.

Apr 20, 2008 at 6:31 AM Post #12 of 54
I do!
Been cutting my on hair for the last 5-6 years, with an electrical hair trimmer.

Apr 20, 2008 at 7:35 AM Post #13 of 54
As someone with very little hair due to a perfect genetic haircut i.e. bald as, I have been using electric clippers for about 12 years. I have not been near a barber/hairdresser in that time.

cheers
Simon

Apr 20, 2008 at 7:47 AM Post #15 of 54
I shaved my head once a few years ago for reasons I still don't understand. The day I did that, I went to pick up my daughter from daycare and she ran away from me crying hysterically. I'm not about to try it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back