Who else is going to give "Aion" a go..?!
Sep 8, 2009 at 8:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Townyj

Headphoneus Supremus
Well i pre ordered my Limited Edition copy today, i seriously hope i dont get to addicted to another MMO.
biggrin.gif
I have time to waste every now and then so why not i suppose.

Sep 9, 2009 at 1:36 AM Post #2 of 17
A guy at my work is raving about it already.. I just added the beta installer to my utorrent.. yikes 9.1 GB for the installer!

Sep 9, 2009 at 12:35 PM Post #4 of 17
Just got my pre order beta key and downloading it slowly over the next few days... dont wanna run through my DL cap and be gimped when i try it.
Im looking forward to this one, gonna have to buy myself a new vid card to shortly.

Sep 9, 2009 at 1:46 PM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Townyj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i seriously hope i dont get to addicted to another MMO.

If you really mean this then cancel the pre-order...

I tried the beta, it's pretty, fun and addictive but like all MMORPG a huge waste of time who's sole reason for existing is to siphon your life away and collect a monthly fee from as many people as possible.

I'll be waiting for KOTOR myself.

Sep 9, 2009 at 1:51 PM Post #6 of 17
Lol well considering i sit at my computer and listen to music... i dont really see a big difference in taking on another MMO for a bit of fun. I should have a fair bit more control over it seeing as im moving to a city soon. But on the other hand it did help me save money when i was playing wow back in the day
wink.gif

The new Old Republic has taken my eye also, looks like it could be something very different over a fantasy MMO.

Sep 9, 2009 at 2:28 PM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodduska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be waiting for KOTOR myself.

That's what I said until I heard it was an MMO...

tongue.gif
Seriously, I just don't like online RPGs. Give me Mass Effect, Fallout 3, Elder Scrolls, Final Fantasy (except 11) etc. Single-player is where it's at, you don't have to schedule your life around raids, deal with idiots (only the idiotic AI) and have absolute freedom to develop your character how you feel.

Of course, some out there do like 'em, you can have 'em.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 9, 2009 at 2:44 PM Post #8 of 17
One thing i have noticed with Aion is how many people actually solo pvp.... Which is definitely a bonus to me. But meh i suppose i wont find out until i actually play.

Sep 9, 2009 at 2:48 PM Post #9 of 17
I'm generally not into MMOs either aside from trying the betas but I am interested to see Bioware's take on the genre.. like moogoob I refuse to schedule my life around a video game, even if I would otherwise just be watching TV, a movie, reading or just playing a different game.
wink.gif

Of all the MMORPG I've tried though the best but also least fun is EVE online, the PVP offers the most intense adrenaline rush I've experienced in a game.

Sep 9, 2009 at 3:00 PM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Townyj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One thing i have noticed with Aion is how many people actually solo pvp.... Which is definitely a bonus to me. But meh i suppose i wont find out until i actually play.

I only got to level 10 ranger so I can't really comment on that but PVP surely is fun in just about any game. I stopped playing the beta because there is a glitch where the Ranger class can jump and use an ability without being locked into the animation, it gives a big advantage in mobility but it's irritating to get the timing right and supposedly its been left alone for over a year in the Korean version.. blah no thanks.

Sep 14, 2009 at 1:08 PM Post #11 of 17
Ok i played the Open Beta.... Awesome! They have done a really good job! Gliding is a awesome way to get around. Looks like ive found something to kill time every now and then.

Sep 16, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #15 of 17
How much is the pre-order? I cannot see since the site is down for maintenance (not a good sign already).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back