Who are your favorite companies (to deal with)?
Mar 29, 2010 at 11:22 PM Post #91 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3602 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HeadRoom. Had a small hassle once, but was smoothed out real quick. Awesome service, awesome people, awesome amps.

I almost didnt recognize you!!! You changed your avatar picture!
Now you look different...lol.

Mar 29, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #92 of 149
A few "first posts" in this thread. Must have really prompted people to finally join Head-Fi and post something!

Mar 30, 2010 at 8:26 AM Post #93 of 149
Headroom -Very good equipment

Mar 30, 2010 at 12:13 PM Post #94 of 149
The guys at Twisted Pear (Russ and Brian) put together the nicest DIY products I've seen. Everything from high quality, leading edge designs to incredibly careful packaging. They also actively participate in a number of forums and are very responsive to emails.

Top notch.

Mar 30, 2010 at 1:22 PM Post #95 of 149
Firestone Audio, I always buy their stuff second hand so they don't even sell me anything...and yet, they always come up w/ very thorough technical replies
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 30, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #97 of 149
Headroom
Ray Samuels Audio
Whiplash Audio

Apr 3, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #99 of 149
Magnepan
Audio Research
Modwright
SoundLab
Rockhopper
Cardas
Atma-sphere

Apr 4, 2010 at 7:14 AM Post #100 of 149
I see Headroom getting a lot of love around here, but the one time I bought some actual equipment from them they were pretty weird on the deal and alienated me from buying any more. I have bought cables and accessories from them with no issues however, and will most likely continue to do so.

Apr 4, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #102 of 149
I have had great experiences with Kuboten and Aphrodite CU29
On a side note, I have had very very poor service from Woo Audio. Jack tried to charge me a ludicrous $145 for an upgrade that is only $25 (PDPS on the WA6). In addition, he initially gave me wrong information about my amp and treated me as if it was my mistake. Aside from the fact that I didn't find the WA6 to live up to the hype, this experience was enough to convince me not to buy another Woo amp again

Apr 5, 2010 at 7:30 AM Post #104 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how were they weird? headroom's easily among the very best companies I've dealt with in any circumstance, not just audio.

I got a Bithead on holiday special with some PX100-IIs, and as I didn't really like it that much, I sent them both back, with the Bithead in brand new condition (it is packaged so you can return it in the exact same condition it arrived in), and the PX100-IIs still sealed. I decided not to open them partly because I had not realized that Sennheiser went from the hard case to a pouch, and partly because it was a combo sale deal. I not only paid shipping both ways (didn't qualify for the free shipping deal either, but that's not unusual), but was charged a 10% restocking fee on both items.

While I do not make a habit out of ordering and returning gear, sometimes it happens. I have returned equipment that wasn't in perfect condition to other retailers where I actually told them that I was expecting a restocking fee, and wasn't charged one. Those are the retailers that I come back to first when shopping for more gear. I like Headroom's approach overall, and they have a great website; that one deal seemed a little harsh though. I literally tried the Bithead for an hour with my own batteries, and re-packaged it perfectly, and the PX's were still sealed. All in all, I paid over $50 for the experience, but it was a relatively small purchase so it could have been much wor$e.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back