Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Apr 22, 2009 at 6:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

xenithon

Headphoneus Supremus
I generally order a whole bunch of albums at a time from places like Elusive Disc and Amazon. Most are albums I know and have heard at some point; but often I include a few "unknowns" - an attempt to discover new music and expand my musical horizons. I go by recommendations from the site itself, as well as reviews I may have come randomly across.

Many have been great successes. Some have been so-so and simply not my cup of tea. However, I recently picked up Blue Tofu as it was an ED "editor's pick". The description was enticing: equal parts steamy down tempo grooves, swirling electronica and lounge-pop hooks, blended with a sultry dash of tasty vocals and crisp lyrics........sultry, haunting, jazzy and lyrical.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. I am all for musical diversity but I am simply perplexed by this strange, oddball, thing. Perhaps one needs to be in the right frame of mind (i.e., terribly drunk, terribly high, preferably both) but I just don't get it. Reading the impressions on Amazon leave even more confused as to whether the reviewer and I were listening to the same album: I think Andrea could give Norah Jones or many other well known singers a run for their money. The lyrics, which she wrote, are also great. I must admit that I felt actual pain whilst listening (yes, I listened to the entire album to try and see if there was a buried treasure somewhere).

So with that off my chest.....anyone else agree (or disagree)?
biggrin.gif

Apr 22, 2009 at 6:46 PM Post #2 of 4
Considering I didn't get past the pop-up I received from Blue Tofu's above link (which I'm pretty sure would have seemed very cool when I was beginning life as a teenager), I'm going to have to agree with you. - Slave.

Apr 23, 2009 at 5:32 AM Post #4 of 4
I downloaded a couple of tunes from there website and I thought they sounded pretty good ( I am neither drunk or stoned at this time
wink_face.gif
). Very laid back electronic beats, piano's and I quite enjoyed the way the vocals sounded. Not to sure about the lyrics in the one of the tracks "Bedroom door, Bathroom door, Kitchen door etc".

Overall not to bad.

It's worth going past the pop-up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back