Whiskey-Fi (Audio and Whiskey Pairings/Musings)
Aug 26, 2019 at 10:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

jaker782

1000+ Head-Fier
Just so we don't get off topic and muck up other threads with Whiskey banter (Re: the Aeolus thread), I've created a location for us whiskey and audio lovers to share our favorite dram recommendations while listening to music. Enjoy!

Aug 26, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #4 of 36
OK I'll start :)
My Irish collection (Bushmills 10 and Greenspot : gone)
IMG_20190824_220431005.jpg

Kelvin

Aug 27, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #5 of 36
So I had a tragic event take place over the weekend. I was taking inventory of my whiskey collection and this happened:

20190803_205219.jpg

This is a damn good Japanese whiskey too that is becoming scarcer and more expensive around my parts. Was it wrong of me to try and wring out the paper towel into my mouth during clean up?

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #6 of 36
So I had a tragic event take place over the weekend. I was taking inventory of my whiskey collection and this happened:

This is a damn good Japanese whiskey too that is becoming scarcer and more expensive around my parts. Was it wrong of me to try and wring out the paper towel into my mouth during clean up?
That, sucks! It’s funny it is pretty easy to find in my neck of the woods but sales tax and liquor tax prices it easily $30 over retail...I need to move so I can buy more affordable whiskey lol... good example Buffalo Trace is usually $25-$30 outside of WA, in WA $45-$60 depending on store and deals...literally can buy two bottles for the same price anywhere else! Sorry trying to share my pain with you.

I do have a bottle of it though...maybe start a whiskey sharing system with sample bottles to share with other members...

Aug 27, 2019 at 11:46 PM Post #7 of 36

Tying it back to audio world and tubes... I guess it is the equivalent of dropping an expensive tube...
sorry for your loss buddy.

Aug 27, 2019 at 11:47 PM Post #8 of 36
I do have a bottle of it though...maybe start a whiskey sharing system with sample bottles to share with other members...
Maybe we should have a whiskey table at CanJams! Whiskey pot luck anyone? :wink:

Aug 28, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #9 of 36
OK I'll start :)
My Irish collection (Bushmills 10 and Greenspot : gone)

Kelvin

Nice collection there! I'll follow that up with my trio of "Spots".

20190827_202243.jpg

I'm thinking about cracking the Red open this weekend and having a three way tasting to finish off the Green and Yellow.

Aug 28, 2019 at 9:13 AM Post #10 of 36
Maybe we should have a whiskey table at CanJams! Whiskey pot luck anyone? :wink:

Yes! I am actually in a bourbon trading group on Facebook and have exchanged full bottles and samples with good success in the past. It is a good way to get your hands on stuff normally unavailable to you such as store picks, unicorn bottles, etc.

Aug 28, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #12 of 36
Yes! I am actually in a bourbon trading group on Facebook and have exchanged full bottles and samples with good success in the past. It is a good way to get your hands on stuff normally unavailable to you such as store picks, unicorn bottles, etc.
I’m on a major bourbon, rye and sipping rum kick right now!...I’ll try and get a picture of my liquor collection tonight when home...no promises lol.
Current favorites:

Angels Envy Rye
Lot 40 rye
Jefferson ocean bottle strength voyage ##
Willets rye
Willets bourbon pot still bottle
High West Bourye (really like this one, I have the 18’ looking for the 19’)
Michters American whiskey (might as well be a bourbon lol)

Rums: kaniche perfeccion
Ron Zacapa 23 sistema solera
Santa Teresa 1796 solera

I have more but those are more or less my favorites right now.

Blood oath #5 is unopened waiting on a special occasion to crack it....or I get bored lol

Aug 28, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #13 of 36

@BooUrns Bevin - how about a Whiskey table at ZMFestivus? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Just an idea...

Aug 29, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #14 of 36
I’m on a major bourbon, rye and sipping rum kick right now!...I’ll try and get a picture of my liquor collection tonight when home...no promises lol.
Current favorites:

Angels Envy Rye
Lot 40 rye
Jefferson ocean bottle strength voyage ##
Willets rye
Willets bourbon pot still bottle
High West Bourye (really like this one, I have the 18’ looking for the 19’)
Michters American whiskey (might as well be a bourbon lol)

Rums: kaniche perfeccion
Ron Zacapa 23 sistema solera
Santa Teresa 1796 solera

I have more but those are more or less my favorites right now.

Blood oath #5 is unopened waiting on a special occasion to crack it....or I get bored lol

I was enjoying some AE Rye during my fantasy football draft last night! It is very good and one of the few my wife will drink because of the sweetness. I am definitely a fan of finished bourbons!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back