Which tube amp to get?
Jan 27, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #16 of 17
I've got a very similar setup as you, OP (Objective 2, ODAC, etc.) as well as an HD600, HE-400, etc... I recommend looking into the Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-11.  You can use the TD-11's tube output directly with your higher impedance phones (i.e. Senn HD650, etc.).  You won't be able to drive low impedance phones directly from the tube out put due to poor damping factor between the tube out put (high output impedance) your (low impedance phones).  But to get around this (like I do), run the TD-11's tube output to the Objective2 & connect your low impedance phones to the O2.  Now you can use the TD-11's tube out put with virtually any headphone (even IEMs!).

Jan 30, 2013 at 1:54 AM Post #17 of 17
Quote:
I've got a very similar setup as you, OP (Objective 2, ODAC, etc.) as well as an HD600, HE-400, etc... I recommend looking into the Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-11.  You can use the TD-11's tube output directly with your higher impedance phones (i.e. Senn HD650, etc.).  You won't be able to drive low impedance phones directly from the tube out put due to poor damping factor between the tube out put (high output impedance) your (low impedance phones).  But to get around this (like I do), run the TD-11's tube output to the Objective2 & connect your low impedance phones to the O2.  Now you can use the TD-11's tube out put with virtually any headphone (even IEMs!).

Hmm... would that also be possible with the Bottlehead Crack amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back