Which tips fit IM716?
Dec 10, 2007 at 11:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

billybob_jcv

Headphoneus Supremus
Which Ety or Shure tips fit the IM716? A friend just bought the IM716 and the stems looks completely different than my Westone UM1. I don't see any way that the tubes in my foam tips could fit over the bulb at the end of the IM716 stem. My UM1 use the same tips as the Shure E1/E3/E4/E5.

Does anyone know (from experience!) which tips will fit the IM716?

Dec 11, 2007 at 1:41 AM Post #3 of 8
Yup, the Shure Softflex are my faves for iM716, and er-6i

Dec 11, 2007 at 3:37 AM Post #4 of 8
Another option is the Ety black foamies, which come with the 716 (1 pair). A little thick, but they hide the dirt well. I prefer them for another reason...they don't let your inner ear get too close to the 716 sound tube, so the filters may last longer. The Shure olives work with the 716s, but are very short. Also, I have a pair of Atrio M5s, and the silicone bi-flanges that come with them are great for the 716s, but for some dumb reason, FutureSonics doesn't sell the flanges as accessories. They are very soft, pliable, and comfy for flanges, and are easy to get a good seal with.

Edit:

Just tried a pair of Shure Softflex tips (had some around for some reason), the gray ones, and the medium Atrio flanges are much more comfortable, as the Shures felt too tight and hurt. I have small Shures (I tried the mediums), but the Atrios flanges are excellent. Too bad they are so hard to find. Oddly, I use foamies with the Atrios. GO figure.

If any of you 716 owners want to try the perfect tip, try the Atrio flanges. Maybe FS will sell a pair or two if you email them. Check it out.

Dec 29, 2007 at 8:34 AM Post #5 of 8
I'm looking to buy bi-flanges for my im716s. Would the ety-8s fit? i cut my triple flanges into bi-flanges but the irregular-sized openings of the flanges allows for more wax to get in. I went through 2 filters (right bud, since it has a bigger hole from when i cut it) in less than 3 months. bottom line is would ety-8 bi-flanges fit the im716s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back