Which should I keep? (PK3 VS RE2)
Apr 24, 2009 at 8:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Thrashingshrimp

100+ Head-Fier
This is really getting hard for me. They both sound great, but I can only keep one or the other. I'm leaning towards the PK3 though, because I can always get a better IEM later.

Still, I'm going to leave it up to you guys. Vote now!

Apr 25, 2009 at 2:47 AM Post #7 of 15
A good pair of IEM is easily replaceable. A good pair of earbuds, on the other hand, is much harder to find a replacement. Keep the PK3. There's so much IEM in the market that you'll have no trouble looking for another pair.

Apr 25, 2009 at 3:35 AM Post #8 of 15
I think that really depends on what you are using them for... but I agree with xkRoWx because once you are here you'll be itching to try the next level up IEM in no time

Apr 25, 2009 at 5:50 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrashingshrimp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only reason why I'm doing this is because they both sound equal in their own respects. I really can't choose.

"equal in their own respects": not sure what that means. Either they sound equal or they both have their own sound signature. I have the PK3 and reviews of the PK3 vs RE2 rate them differently.

Anyway, I would go with the TYPE of headphone you need most. PK3 is a non-isolating earbud, and RE2 is an isolating IEM. Which type do you need most?

May 3, 2009 at 12:19 AM Post #12 of 15
I would personally opt for the Yuin for the versatility of being able to use them as IEM or as bud. Sometimes your ears get tired.

As someone once told me when I inquired about recableing my IEMs, "the only thing that should go in your ear is a Q-Tip" which I find Ha Ha Funny... but it's true sometimes. an IEM with a bad sleeve type for YOU will possibly leave your ears well "ear"rittated...

You'd have the choice with the Yuin of what style of listening you'd prefer to opt for at the time. That's kinda fun when you think about it.

May 3, 2009 at 12:40 AM Post #13 of 15
Well he did say he has PK3 not OK3 so there is no IEM option.

I think the OP probably made his choice by now. What was the verdict?

May 3, 2009 at 4:22 AM Post #14 of 15
PK3
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back