Which should I get (Help is appreciated)
Jun 20, 2010 at 1:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

CareyPrice31

Montreal Canadiens
My budget including shipping to Canada =<250.00

Radius DDM
Monster Tour (I like the ControlTalk and tangle free cord)
Rockfosgate Punch Plugs
Monster Diddy Beats

Any other recommendations?

Jun 20, 2010 at 8:57 PM Post #3 of 7
I'd go ahead and knock off the Monster Diddy Beats. It would also help out a ton if we knew what genres of music you listened to and what kind of sound signature you like (bassy? Detail oriented? Smooth mids?) to echo what yliu stated. 

Aug 25, 2010 at 12:45 PM Post #4 of 7
Why would you knock off the Diddy Beats? Have you auditioned them? I was in Best Buy yesterday and listened to them. I actually liked them alot and I use Triple.Fi 10's as my everday monitor so I have some sort of basis for comparison.

It seems like everyone in these forums bash the Beats line just because they are very popular.

Aug 25, 2010 at 1:42 PM Post #5 of 7
I've not heard the Diddy Beats but the DDM is definitely in a different league compared to the others. 2nd for me would be Punch Plugs but they have a really unique texture to them that many won't like (I'd call them 'gritty'). There's a version of the Punch Plugs with a mic, too. I think someone is selling a set on the sale forum. The Tours are just a bit bloated and washed out on some tracks. Very inconsistent. Wouldn't pay more than $40 for them. 

Aug 26, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
It seems like everyone in these forums bash the Beats line just because they are very popular.

More like because they're worth less than they're priced. People will feel that way about any product regardless of its status; it's the fact that it's popular that the word gets out. If it wasn't popular it would have fallen off a while ago and you wouldn't have known about them. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back