Which RS1/RS1i do I have just bought? (pics included)
May 14, 2011 at 3:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Proglover

Progressiveus Drummeus
I've just bought some RS1's or RS1i's. They were sold to me as RS1's, box doesn't include an 'i' either.
But I've been searching through some pics here, mine seems like a RS1i
blink.gif

Can someone give me certainty on which one I have here?

May 14, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #3 of 10

Quote:
Definitely an RS1i, with the round metal rods and thick cable. Maybe Grado accidentally gave them the wrong box?

Thanks

Well exactly, I though I went crazy. The box does have the same serial number as the cups, but they definitely look like 'i's'

(so we'll see what I prefer, HF-2 or RS1i, I'll keep the ones I like more)

May 14, 2011 at 3:36 PM Post #4 of 10
Wow, yes - it appears that you may have received a different set of headphones than you were promised by the markings on the container.  Due to this "misfortune", I'd be glad to purchase them from you for $200 (U.S. $$) so you won't have to live the rest of your life with this issue.  
biggrin.gif

May 14, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #5 of 10
The third picture from the top makes me feel like dropping the plans of getting an RS1i myself. Looks like a very sloppy job on the fabric and the glue, really comes off sloppy and careless.

May 14, 2011 at 5:01 PM Post #6 of 10
The glue is not surprising but I have seen it done more neatly. The fabric most likely did not come like that new, could have been from handling by the user from changing pads or accidentally brushing the edges of the fabric.

May 14, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #7 of 10
It's an RS1i that's in the old box.  They have done it with many of their RS1is and it's the one that I have.  Yours is also the one with the upgraded thickness in cable, vs the original RS1.

May 15, 2011 at 4:55 AM Post #8 of 10

Quote:
It's an RS1i that's in the old box.  They have done it with many of their RS1is and it's the one that I have.  Yours is also the one with the upgraded thickness in cable, vs the original RS1.

Ah, they did that with many RS1i's, ok

Thanks for the update:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back