Which pair of IEM should I go for?
Apr 3, 2013 at 11:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Mulder89

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone! First post on head-fi! I'm not exactly what you would call an audiophile as most members here are but I've learned to appreciate good sound mostly thanks to my father's passion for Hi-fi. Anyways I'm currently looking to replace my Sennheiser MM30i in ear earphones which I guess offer acceptable sound quality (I mainly use these because they have a handy control for my ipod). Now I would like to make quite a big step forward from these IEMs with a pair of earphones that will really make my music come alive. My budget would be around 180-200$. I mostly like listening to Indie rock/alternative (M83, Matt Pond Pa..), classical, jazz, some rock. Searching around I found the Bowers & Wilkins C5 and the Monster Turbine Pro Gold earphones which both seem very good. I was more interested in the Monster IEMs but I read that the Gold seem to focus more on the bass than the mid/low range... Now considering that I'm a fan of crystal clear vocals and I don't listen to a lot of rap, electro, trance  would these still be a good choice for me? I'm obviously open to any other suggestion (even if slightly pricier!) Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back