Which one to buy??? Sony srs d5 or altec lansing octane 7 (VS4621)???
Dec 12, 2012 at 7:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

lootr5858

New Head-Fier
i know that it is unfair to compare them (Sony d5 @ S$69 while altec octane @ about S$120)
i think that i prefer Sony's sound but want your opinions too
which has better sound (pls help me to compare them across their entire low, mid and high frequency, clarity, instrument separation and sound stages thanks)
which has better build quality?
does their individual speaker (including sub-woofer) has detachable wires?
and which one is more durable (or last longer)?
is octane really worth the price? (which is better for value?)

i know that I'm quite demanding and its an unreasonable comparison but i am quite poor and have used a S$19 speaker for over 9 years (and its still in working conditions, except that one speaker has spoiled)

if you have better suggestion on a speaker under $100 please voice out thanks

and i listen to classical, modern pop musics
thanks for your advices!!!

edit: ok just make the question simple
i really need a new speaker for my desktop (just dont like use an iem/headphone everytime, and i own an ue700)
just want to know sony srs d5 or altec lansing octane 7 has better sound and hows their build quality?

Dec 12, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #2 of 3
If u love your music and have a small budget frankly i would place a 10 foot pole between myself and any cheaply built and muddy sounding pc/multimedia fare? Perhaps going with cans is your best solution? Actually budget cans like JVC RX700 and the Superlux/Samson offerings are decent low cost solutions ^^

Dec 12, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #3 of 3
Save more money and get something thats good quality for whar your paying, studio monitors offer a great sound quality for what you pay, if on a tigh budget chec,k out the fostex active monitors on the used mar,et .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back