Which one?:Archos Gimini400 Vs. Iriver H10 Vs. Toshiba Gigabeat F10 Vs.Zen?
Oct 1, 2005 at 12:44 AM Post #17 of 25
i found the archos gmini 400 for ~$280 before shipping, which is a good price considering everything it does. i bought mine back then it was $350. but if you're just getting it for portable music (which there are players with better sound quality) and if you find the 400 is much cheaper than the 402, then get the 400 or another dap that concerntrate on audio playing alone. only get the 402 if you really going to use all its features. i 'guess' that the 400 and 402 use a similar sound chip.

also dont get the remote, its hard to navigate, hard to use, and makes high pitch noise. the color screen for this player is important though, i would recommend some pda screen protector.

the 402 is mostly similar the 400, it can do everything the 400 does plus some improvements: higher resolution support for video, now support wmv9 movie, pc autosync, more powerful morphun game engine, take image directly from digital camera.

i use the video feature a lot on the gmini actaully, since my dvd player can't play avi and mpeg. instead of burning them on cdr or dvdr that the player cant even recognize (also save money) i connect the gmini directly to the receiver->tv, and the details and color on it look pretty decent. i doubt many other people do this though, but thats why i like this player.

Oct 1, 2005 at 4:06 AM Post #19 of 25
does that mean frames per second? how bad would it look? its not a serious thing for me since ill be having the PSP handy as well. id just keep it as a main audio device.

maybe i should just choose something that doesnt involve 3 things mixed into one. maybe i should just pick the zen sleek or a minidisc player.

anyone wanna buy my D-NE270?
icon10.gif

Oct 1, 2005 at 6:05 AM Post #20 of 25
Hey-- maybe the X5 is the one for you then. Even though I'm a Gmini400 advocate, the X5 makes a real good companion for the PSP due to its USB functions-- you could store movies on your X5 then copy them to your PSP on-the-go using the X5's USB host.

Oct 1, 2005 at 6:45 AM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by South_Korean
does that mean frames per second? how bad would it look? its not a serious thing for me since ill be having the PSP handy as well. id just keep it as a main audio device.

a standard TV i believe is about 30 frames per second (fps) and 15 fps seems slow, but since the screen is so small, it should be fine

Oct 1, 2005 at 3:08 PM Post #22 of 25
About the fps-- 15fps is not really noticable for cartoons, etc.-- that's why I encode my cartoons at 20fps, but you'll definitely notice it on live-action movies.

Oct 2, 2005 at 5:12 PM Post #24 of 25
The H10 is also 15fps. The good thing about Gmini is that it supports DivX and xVid.. very common formats if you're 'borrowing' movies from the internet.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back