Which of these headphones are better?
Dec 12, 2011 at 4:49 PM Post #16 of 27

Quote:
only the sr60i was available for testing since they had misplaced the open set of sr80i's. I had loaded a few albums in FLAC format onto my phone. Side by side, I couldn't tell much of a difference between them and my current Sennheiser HD201's. The Grados sounded a little clearer, but overall they were very similar. He told me to call in a few days since he hopes to find the sr80i's by then, so I'm going to give those a shot in a couple of days.

Wow ~ now that's a very different experience to me. I threw my HD201's in the bin because I thought they were that bad,
 my SR80i still remains the best sub $200 headphone I have heard, only the Shure 840 gives it a very good run for
 it's money.

confused_face_2.gif

Dec 12, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #17 of 27
 This is basically my exact experience and it's why I have my Grado SR80is on my head right now.

Quote:
 Wow ~ now that's a very different experience to me. I threw my HD201's in the bin because I thought they were that bad,
 my SR80i still remains the best sub $200 headphone I have heard, only the Shure 840 gives it a very good run for
 it's money.

confused_face_2.gif

Dec 12, 2011 at 7:13 PM Post #22 of 27

lol, yea, I know. It must have been the songs I tested with that made them sound so similar. Like I said, I'm going to go back to try the sr80i's, so I'll probably give the 60's another shot. What would be the best way to test them?
Quote:
gwarmi, the graph for the hd201 does look pretty bad if i say so myself haha

Dec 20, 2011 at 10:57 AM Post #25 of 27
Ended up buying the Grado SR125i. I originally bought the V-Moda Crossfade LP (Radio Shack  made me buy them before I could try them out
mad.gif
) and I was not too impressed. They emphasized the bass too much and kind of drowned everything else out. So then I went to try out the SR125i's and they sounded much better. Huge improvement over the SR60i's  and an even larger improvement over the V-Moda's. Everything was nice, crisp, and clean, which I liked. I immediately bought them and returned the V-Moda's to Radio Shack. Now I just cannot wait until Christmas when I can use them.

Dec 21, 2011 at 7:53 AM Post #26 of 27

Quote:
Ended up buying the Grado SR125i. I originally bought the V-Moda Crossfade LP (Radio Shack  made me buy them before I could try them out
mad.gif
) and I was not too impressed. They emphasized the bass too much and kind of drowned everything else out. So then I went to try out the SR125i's and they sounded much better. Huge improvement over the SR60i's  and an even larger improvement over the V-Moda's. Everything was nice, crisp, and clean, which I liked. I immediately bought them and returned the V-Moda's to Radio Shack. Now I just cannot wait until Christmas when I can use them.

Count yourself lucky ~ you may have been talked into a pair of AiAiAi TMA-1's by the store instead 
smile.gif

World of disappointment is the TMA-1. What they charge for it is criminal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back