Which MP3 Player for my Denon D1001 headphone?
Sep 20, 2008 at 1:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

mobbaddict

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi,
I've just bought a Denon D1001 for home use. I got a Sansa Clip 2GB that i use a lot outside and even at home, and also a Sony Vaio Pocket that sounds great on my speakers (god bless the line out). I've tried my headphone on both sources but i'm not totally convinced, either sound is not clear enough on the Sansa, or not very bassy on the Vaio.

Besides my Clip is damaged since i accidentally let it fall into a glass of soda (this device is more resistant than i seems though!), so it still works well except that sometimes it keeps turning on again and again right after i turn it off. I'm gonna try to use the warranty but i'm not sure it works, so i'm definiely thinking of buying something new. My priority is to get the best SQ for a reasonable price. Which means i need something powerful enough to drive correctly my D1001 without an amp. I also need something that i can easilly take out.

Right now i'm thinking of 2 products: the new Sansa Clip 8 GB and the Sony S616 4GB which is cheaper than the A8XX series here in France. I don't know if the new Clip series have an improved SQ. Any feedback on it? I've also never tried recent Sony players, do you think there will be a a great difference compared to the Clip? I guess some of you might mention the Cowon D2. I'm afraid it's a bit too expensive and big for me. Plus i don't like touchscreens. What about iRiver E100, Meizu M6SL, Toshiba T400...?

Sep 20, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #2 of 10
ive tried ipod, iaudio 7,fuze, sony a818, meizu m6 with my d1001

meizu sounds the best so far

Sep 21, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #6 of 10
I dont know, but majkel's creative headphones are rebranded d1001's and he is one of the people on this forum who have actually tried heaps of the portable players out there...heaps.

Sep 21, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #7 of 10
Okay i guess i can trust his advice then
smily_headphones1.gif

My Clip seems to work fine again, that's very weird... but i think i'll get a Meizu for home & traveling.

Sep 21, 2008 at 5:26 PM Post #8 of 10
The creative Aurvana Live headphones are really re-branded Denon D1001's? Then I'dm lookin' at a pair of the Denon's myself if that's true!!!

Sep 22, 2008 at 12:14 PM Post #10 of 10
No i can keep the Clip, it's more convenient actually.
Sound is very good on the Clip when listening to rock, pop, trip-hop... in fact pretty much everything but hip-hop, cause then it's hard to find a good balance with the bass. But maybe it's the headphone that's not perfect for hip-hop listening, who knows. Plus i have to burn it in yet.
Thks anyway for all your advices
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back