**Which In-Ear Moniter?** (How does the Astrotec AM90 compare)
Jun 18, 2012 at 8:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

OpenToAnything

New Head-Fier
My first proper headphone that I bought is the Shure SRH550DJ. Before that, I used the earphones that come with your mobile phones. I have had them for over two months now and also like to have a pair a in-ear moniters that sound like the Shure but slightly more fun sounding but not exactly warm. How do the following pairs of iems compare and which one should i get? My budget is around $80.

1. Hisoundaudio Popo
2. ECCI PR401
3. Sunrise Xcape
4. Brainwavz M4
5. Hifiman RE0
6. Hippo Shroom-EB

Jun 18, 2012 at 11:46 AM Post #2 of 8
Out of those I own the M4 and the RE-Zero (not the RE-0, it's said to be a warmer version), and I owned the SRH750. Out of that limited experience, the M4 seems like a good competitor, they are fun without having recessed mids. Nothing about the RE-Zeros/0 is fun.

Jun 19, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #4 of 8
I think that the Etymotic MC5s might fit that bill.

Good Detail on a budget. Oh, and also have super isolation too.

Check em out, Jim

Jun 19, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #5 of 8
But i thought that the mc5 is quite analytical but i will give it a look. They are also easier to find in Singapore because they are a more recognised brand. I know that the RE0 comes under the same category but they are review better.

Jun 19, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:
But i thought that the mc5 is quite analytical but i will give it a look. They are also easier to find in Singapore because they are a more recognised brand. I know that the RE0 comes under the same category but they are review better.

You won't be sorry.

Just make sure you try some Comply Foam tips with em.

1,000 percent comfort improvement.

Good Luck, Jim

Jun 20, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:
How do the Astrotec AM90 compare to all of these? I know they are supposed to be analytical.

The AM90 is a little bit on the warm side compared to the MC5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back