Which IEM?
Jul 12, 2006 at 2:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Yama

New Head-Fier
Here are some canal phones that I found available where Im from. They seem to be in a relevant price range, so which would you recommend?

Sennheiser CX300
Shure E2c
Altec Lansing IM716

I hope these phones dont require an amp, and I will be playing them in my computer and DNE300.

Jul 12, 2006 at 2:57 AM Post #2 of 7
Well I didnt get to try the altec's so I would say cx300's. They isolate pretty well and were pretty comfy. I dont like the size of the Shure' "driver" or the thickness of the cable. There has been lots of people buying the altecs as of late so you may wanna read some of the user reviews on here. Good luck.

Jul 12, 2006 at 6:45 AM Post #3 of 7
The iM716's are far superior in terms of sound compared to the rest in your list.

Jul 12, 2006 at 5:42 PM Post #4 of 7
I haven't heard the CX300 (I'm told it's very bassy) but between the Shures and the Altecs I'd absolutely take the Altecs for sound.

But if the criteria were, "what can I wear to the gym, throw negligently into a backpack, pile stuff on top of in the back seat of the car, and not worry about breaking -- and still has a pretty satisfying, if somewhat bassy, sound," then I'd choose the Shures.

Jul 12, 2006 at 5:51 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaftedTwice
Word.

Depending on what you listen to. iM716 wins in terms of detail and clarity. If you're a basshead, though - not so good.

Jul 12, 2006 at 6:58 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aflac
Depending on what you listen to. iM716 wins in terms of detail and clarity. If you're a basshead, though - not so good.

I think im716s handle bass very well: they actually remind me of my KSC-75s with bass mode; I find rap and electronica to sound superb on them. I will add that they sound best on my computer (SB Audigy); they can sound slightly lifeless and congested the Xtra .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back