Which IEM do you want to see with a full iPhone 3GS remote?
Aug 8, 2009 at 10:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

cooperpwc

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi all,
I haven't been here much since I have been pretty set in my ways of recent. Portable that has meant UE Triple-Fis with a modified Westone E2 cable. Nice combination.
However, I always said that I would consider the iPhone when they reached 32 GB. They did and I bought it. Lovely sound direct from the headphone out - definitely superior to both my iPod Video 5.5G and my first gen Touch. So now I am thinking that an IEM with the full Apple 3-button remote would be nice: i.e. track, volume, voice control and of course mic. Klipsch already have one that apparently sounds around as good as the V-Moda Vibes. Having owned and enjoyed the Vibes, I'm nonetheless looking upstream from that. Ideally I would like even better than my Triple Fis but at least as good.
Note that the Triple-Fi 10vi Pro have the old one button remote function. That is not the holy grail that this poll is addressing.
So fellow iPhone 3GS owners (or wannabees) (or 3rd gen Shuffle owners who can use the same remote), which brand of high end IEMs do you want to see with the new Apple remote function? Note that such IEMs have to sound good straight from the iPhone (or Shuffle) heaphone out. Otherwise the remote is useless.
Cheers,
Paul

Aug 8, 2009 at 10:38 AM Post #2 of 8
I put in the first vote for the Sennheiser IE8 because I am thinking that as a dynamic IEM, they could be a nice direct drive from the iPhone - and it sounds like they have forward mids which would be a nice change from the Triple-Fis. But I have actually never heard them...

Oh and please say which specific IEM you would want. For example, there is a big difference between the UE Super-Fis and the UE-11 Pro. (And the latter is perhaps not a good choice since no amp will be used. That's a lot of scratch for the intended purpose...)

Aug 8, 2009 at 12:48 PM Post #3 of 8
I'd kill for a JH13 with Applie in-line remote. Even a small in-line remote extension cable would be wonderful -- could swap out one of the smaller, 18" cables that JHA is having made for use with remotes and BT receivers.

Aug 8, 2009 at 1:07 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmascatello /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd kill for a JH13 with Applie in-line remote. Even a small in-line remote extension cable would be wonderful -- could swap out one of the smaller, 18" cables that JHA is having made for use with remotes and BT receivers.

thanks. That is very interesting. I think I should contact JH Audio and see what options they are considering...

Aug 8, 2009 at 7:40 PM Post #5 of 8
My sennheiser IE8 and 3Gs put me to the heaven... Such a good sound
smily_headphones1.gif
So, if i will have a spare cable with remote and mic for ie8, i would be much haappier!!!1

Aug 8, 2009 at 7:51 PM Post #6 of 8
I got in on a Meritline slickdeal for a 3G mic/button cable. Works perfectly with my 3GS, including play/pause (one click), next track (two clicks), previous track (three clicks), voice control (hold). I don't really change volume, and if I ever needed to I could just use the side hardware buttons. Mic quality is pretty good. I use it with my ER-4P. Price was free after coupon.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 9, 2009 at 1:24 AM Post #7 of 8
I wish someone would just make a remote adapter that has full 3GS feature support (call answer/end, mic, volume, music control) plus a 3.5mm jack so you can use any headphones you want. I am still amazed that such a product doesnt seem to exist (or does it?).

Nokia has had the same type of adapter for their smartphones for years now. I loved being able to use any of my different headphones with it and have full phone & music control.

Aug 9, 2009 at 10:11 AM Post #8 of 8
shiznitz, hopefully Apple will licence someone to produce an adaptor. It seems to be a proprietary interface. If so, the JH Audio short cable that cmascatello refers to will be a winner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back