Which I.E.M's Can produce House,Trance,techno Music's sub bass ?
May 18, 2011 at 7:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 130

ib1dance

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

As the Title suggests I'm trying to narrow down my list for a precision Balanced I.E.M that can produce the Diverse Dance music sound.

So GR10's and or FI-BA-A1's ?

Whose lucky enough to have own one of these I.E.M ,do they do the sound justice ?.

Please note I have chosen these two I.E.M's because I enjoyed listening to the CK10's Clarity, though wanted to feel/hear more bass presence without the bass Dominating the sound, unless of course the track is produced with a Dominating Bass  .

Please please Give information!  as it may help me and anyone else in a similar pickle make the correct choice in buying that particular I.E.M that makes you grin  the first time you hear music through it .

ksc75smile.gif

Side note: The I.E.M I choose to order from a shop out of complete opinion must have a design that allows the cable to rest over the ears .
I Thank you in advanced for any postings you do on this thread .

May 18, 2011 at 8:19 PM Post #2 of 130
Instead of Grado 10 I would suggest Ortofon e-Q7.
According to Dimitri from MusicaAcoustics,  two share exactly the same BA transducer.
sound wise Ortofon is very similar to grado 10 but price wise Ortofon wins. You can get it for 340 from MA directly.
Now A1 is a cheaper alternative to both e-Q7 and Grado 10 but based to my impressions, A1 does not offer the clarity of e-Q7 or even e-Q5.
Not even mentioning of poorly designed cable of A1 which prompt to tangle and rip.
e-Q5 is also a better alternative to A1 with much better cables and build overall. Bass is punchy and works amazingly with Techno/dance styles.
Also price wise e-Q5 is cheaper.
Dimitri was offering Promo on e-Q5 for Headfi users so one can get it for $250 vs 280 for A1

May 18, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #3 of 130

Quote:
According to Dimitri from MusicaAcoustics,  two share exactly the same BA transducer.
sound wise Ortofon is very similar to grado 10 but price wise Ortofon wins. You can get it for 340 from MA directly.
Now A1 is a cheaper alternative to both e-Q7 and Grado 10 but based to my impressions, A1 does not offer the clarity of e-Q7 or even e-Q5.
Not even mentioning of poorly designed cable of A1 which prompt to tangle and rip.
e-Q5 is also a better alternative to A1 with much better cables and build overall. Bass is punchy and works amazingly with Techno/dance styles.
Dimitri was offering Promo on e-Q5 for Headfi users so one can get it for $250 vs 280 for A1

Whoa!  e-Q7
ksc75smile.gif
They could be the ones . I'd been reccomened e-Q5 but was put off as they were not over the ear.But e-Q7 can be placed over the ear from pictures I've seen .

So e-Q7 has clarity and bass and can Handle Techno/dance styles.

Yello131 have you heard the CK10's and if so how would you compare them with the e-Q7's .Do they have a more forward bass?

Anyway thanks for any answers I  will check them out 2morrow. Gotta get some shut eye.

May 18, 2011 at 9:01 PM Post #4 of 130
You are welcome
I did hear Ck10 a while back so I can't comment on this with clarity.
i am sure there are more headfiers who will post soon and answer your questions..

PS. I have e-Q5 and I wear them over the ears so that is not an issue I believe.

May 19, 2011 at 3:00 AM Post #5 of 130

Quote:

While Dimitri seems a great guy to buy from, I wish he'd declare his source for this info. The GR10 sounds less middy than the E-q5 that is said to sound less middy than the e-q7. To me, the Grado top is more refined and a bit more extended than the E-Q5 which again, those that have heard both ortofons say the E-q5 has the more extended top. The E-q5 is more punchy than the GR10 in general and still has a somewhat forward mid presentation but is in the general balance of neutral.  Yashima (Driver manufacturer) doesn't discuss their clients offerings. I think this should be put to rest either positively or negatiely before we continue on this path. I personally would strongly disagree with Dimitri from what I've heard. The original E-q7 and GR-8 drivers are on the Yashima web site and used the same construction with different impedances.

Grado says the GR10 driver has been changed from the original designs. "IMPROVEMENTS UPON THE SINGLE ARMATURE DESIGN FOUND IN THE GR8 ARE NOW IN THE GR10. A HIGHER LEVEL OF PRECISION AND NEW MATERIALS ALLOWS FOR THE PERFORMANCE OF THE GR10 TO ADD FREQUENCY EXTENSION IN BOTH THE HIGHER AND LOWER RANGES AS WELL AS LOWERING DISTORTION." The GR10 driver has very similar effeciency and impedance to the E-q7 and I think it's causing improper assumptions which is all too common here. Beyond the drivers themselves, Grado also doesn't use silver plated cable which is always a bit brighter sounding. I like pure silver but have never preferred plated copper to OF copper though I can see it being used to tune. If someone prefers one of the Ortos, that's perfectly understandable but they're not the same.

May 19, 2011 at 3:10 AM Post #6 of 130
GR10 is very good with electronic music :happy_face1:

May 19, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #7 of 130

Quote:
GR10 is very good with electronic music
happy_face1.gif

Thanks though I have not mentioned electronic music . House music for example can be made using entirely acoustic percussion and instruments.Though, usually out of convenience & cost, is produced on a computer using samples of live drums/instruments and or synthesized electronic drums/instruments .

Just wanting to make that clear as the term "electronic music" would suggest the production methods are entirely synthesized based. House music can take sounds from anywhere and anything,instrument .

May 19, 2011 at 4:05 AM Post #8 of 130

Quote:
You are welcome
i am sure there are more headfiers who will post soon and answer your questions..

PS. I have e-Q5 and I wear them over the ears so that is not an issue I believe.

If you ran with the e-Q5 would they stay secure?.Because the cables slightly stick out would this cause some micro-phonics from the wind .

May 19, 2011 at 4:10 AM Post #9 of 130

Quote:
 The E-q5 is more punchy than the GR10 in general and still has a somewhat forward mid presentation but is in the general balance of neutral. 

The fact that they use the same drivers and ,  price difference & the extra "punch" make the E-q5 the ones I'd like to try first . Since I can't listen to both and make the actual comparisons on sound for myself  .

May 19, 2011 at 4:12 AM Post #10 of 130
Well, sometimes "electronic" music can mean music like that, except mixed together electronically in a way that cannot be done otherwise.

Unlike bittunes, which are exceedingly awesome. :p

May 19, 2011 at 4:23 AM Post #11 of 130

Quote:
You are welcome

A direct comparisons with the CK10's would give me a better theory of how the e-Q5 sound, as I have listened too the CK10's, thus have a benchmark of how they sounded to gage any decisions upon .

Hehe this trying to buy the perfect I.E.M without actually hearing the I.E.M's is a funny business . anyway I feel I'm getting close to maybe finding a middle ground I.E.M that can produce precision mids - treble like the CK10's and produce a  bass presence that feels like it's a  Deep  bass presence ( exclusive to the nature of the original recording)  .

May 19, 2011 at 4:24 AM Post #12 of 130

Quote:
The fact that they use the same drivers and ,  price difference & the extra "punch" make the E-q5 the ones I'd like to try first . Since I can't listen to both and make the actual comparisons on sound for myself  .

Umm, E-q5 definitely uses a different driver. Even Ortofon will tell you that and the specs vary quite a bit. Do some research before you make claims or spew misinformation. Read Jokers review on the E-q5. I think he's got it covered. The Eq-5 is not as refined or textured to my ear as the GR10. I haven't heard the E-q7 and have to go by others review vs the e-q5 which seem pretty consistent. It's why I always use appropriate phrasing when comparatives are used. I can't believe you're willing to state an obvious falsehood after my last post.

May 19, 2011 at 4:44 AM Post #14 of 130

Quote:
Well, sometimes "electronic" music can mean music like that, except mixed together electronically in a way that cannot be done otherwise.

.Though I have heard many pure electronic house tracks that would sound refreshingly 'acoustic' if a live version was recorded , Real drummers using native percussion's etc . Of course this would only be possible with "electronic" music tracks that had already used many samples of original drums .

My point being if you took  a  Tribal house track that was produce electronically using  samples taken from live recordings .But instead got together the drummers to play the drums and record the track, it would still be Tribal house music . Electronic music  refers more towards how it's mixed and produce,though also give a wrong idea of what sounds are inherent in it's nature . I.E - many natural sounds/samples as well as synthetic samples . Not that there is any reason to choose one from the other as they both end up as vibrations hitting our ear drums anywhere.

so I enjoy them equally .

Anyway it's this passion for our beloved music that is driving my desire to find that I.E.M that will best produce it .

Quote:

Bittunes can be fun, though personally I prefer the genre mixed in with a  deep house sound .

May 19, 2011 at 4:47 AM Post #15 of 130

Quote:

Umm, E-q5 definitely uses a different driver. Even Ortofon will tell you that and the specs vary quite a bit. Do some research before you make claims or spew misinformation,

Chill out dude
mad.gif
/ I'm not making claims just shopping ........? Sorry If i Got the wrong end of the stick with some information regrading I.E.M 's .

Your not in a intimate relationship with Ortofon are you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back