Which headphones under $150?
Sep 22, 2012 at 5:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Fuzziekiwi

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm having a hard time thinking of what headphones to buy... I currently own V6's and I would like to either sidegrade/upgrade to a different headphone. Although I like the V6's, I think its time for something new. I don't like the sibilance and grainy sound. I may end up selling them. 

I will be using the headphone out of my desktop and mainly looking for headphones that can be used without an amp. I currently have a cheap soundcard which does improve sound a little (Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Sound Cards).

I mainly listen to Electronic (Synthpop & Dance, stuff like La Roux, Oh Land, Robyn), and rock music ( bands like Evanescence, Flyleaf).

I don't really want something V shaped,  I believe the M50 and Ultrasone 580 are not headphones I want. I would like a more natural sounding headphone with very good vocals, punchy bass that extends low, nice mids, nice highs, good soundstage (like V6's or bigger). I don't want a completely open headphone, something that doesn't leak too much. Also something that's a little less bright than the V6 but not too warm. I really didn't like the HD439's, I absolutely hated the warm sound.

Considering:

Brainwavs HM5
Koss ProDJ100

Sep 23, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #2 of 8
Nothing?

Sep 23, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #3 of 8
Sep 23, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #4 of 8
The price is tough. If you're not opposed to buying used take a look at the for sale forum here. There are some great deals to be had there. 

Sep 23, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #6 of 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back