Which headphone is to YOU the most "balanced" sound signature wise?
May 4, 2010 at 7:59 AM Post #47 of 77
It's really interesting to see how we hear differently.

DT880/250 2005 is the most unbalanced(worst) headphone I've ever owned, it has the brightest, thinnest midrange & high end and its bass has no details or texture, while others think it is more balanced. On the other hand, people don't like my choices, HD600 and K701
smily_headphones1.gif

May 4, 2010 at 8:06 AM Post #48 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan7hos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
laughing out loud

yeah I would be too. I think you misunderstood me though. I was saying that the HF1 was not a Joseph Grado, but a John Grado. Such similar names, but very different headphone babies

May 4, 2010 at 8:18 AM Post #49 of 77
listening to the HD650 paired with the earmax pro sounds perfect to my ears.
the mids are just...OHHH so lush,like a butter on a warm toast. the bass is exactly the way I want it,tight but deep and banging, and the highs are on the spot,extended but super smooth. this is what i call audiophile sound!

May 4, 2010 at 2:27 PM Post #51 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by K_19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We're talking in terms of what strikes the best balance of "highs", "mids" and "lows" in your ears.

Probably my Sennheiser HD540 Reference, although the top end is a bit raggedy. My SR200 is very nicely balanced. The HP-1's I've heard were even better. HE-5 did a good balancing act.

Can't agree on the HD600 or HD800. A bit laid back in the presence range. Not balanced to my ears. But a fully balanced headphone would probably not bring me musical joy.

May 4, 2010 at 3:04 PM Post #52 of 77
Not for classical... Though you can say classical is made to be booring
smily_headphones1.gif

May 4, 2010 at 3:43 PM Post #54 of 77
Well, the very purpose here is to see exactly where everyone is "kidding themselves" to everyone else's ears.
smily_headphones1.gif
If K701 is someone's reference point for balanced presentation, then they really shouldn't give a damn what others think (and that point should be respected, it's their opinion after all)! Same with anyone who thinks D5000 or HD650 is balanced to them or whatever. So on the whole, people may not agree, but I'd think that it's still interesting to see what their point of "balanced" reference is and keep that in mind if you see a review of any kind from them.

May 4, 2010 at 3:44 PM Post #55 of 77
I vote for the stax omega as the most balanced sounding hp. Hd600 is abit dull to be considered ' most balanced'

May 4, 2010 at 3:46 PM Post #56 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cankin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's really interesting to see how we hear differently.

DT880/250 2005 is the most unbalanced(worst) headphone I've ever owned, it has the brightest, thinnest midrange & high end and its bass has no details or texture, while others think it is more balanced. On the other hand, people don't like my choices, HD600 and K701
smily_headphones1.gif

I actually agree with you about the DT880/250ohm. Thin for my tastes and almost shrill.

The HD600 was my favorite and most balanced can. I loved it's richness and fullness. Extreme listenability!

Then I got the DT880/600ohm, and now it's my favorite, most neutral, balanced HP. Really.
dt880smile.png

shane

May 4, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #57 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by K_19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, the very purpose here is to see exactly where everyone is "kidding themselves" to everyone else's ears.
smily_headphones1.gif
If K701 is someone's reference point for balanced presentation, then they really shouldn't give a damn what others think! Same with anyone who thinks D5000 or HD650 is balanced to them or whatever. So on the whole, people may not agree, but I'd think that it's still interesting to see what their point of "balanced" reference is and keep that in mind if you see a review of any kind from them.

Yeah I agree with you. Both of d5000 and hd650 aren't balanced to me.

May 4, 2010 at 4:01 PM Post #58 of 77
Close tie between the K1000 and SR-007BL.

May 4, 2010 at 4:09 PM Post #59 of 77
For those that are mentioning two or more headphones; does that mean that you guys find the sonic balance between those to be roughly the same? (if not, then I'd say that's going off the tangent a bit from what I was meaning) I was kind of hoping that people would mention one, and one only, as the reference point. I know... it's hard when there are multiple favourites.
redface.gif

May 4, 2010 at 4:30 PM Post #60 of 77
I have resisted posting this but here goes. I thought when I owned them that the HD 600/650 were very balanced in reference to the music I listen too (smooth jazz, classical,gospel,oldies). I then bought the ATH W5000 and balanced them and they are in my opinion the most balanced and beautiful sounding phones I have ever owned. I sold the HD 600/650 and never looked back. I will someday buy the HD800 unless they come out with a new W5000 but that is down the road a couple years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back