which headphone amp is right for me?
Oct 10, 2009 at 9:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

500sd

New Head-Fier
I have a pair of beyerdynamic dt770 pro 80ohms, and I am anxious to find an amp to drive my headphones to higher sound quality. I want something that increases bass, I don't really care to much for volume control. Price range is around 80$.
post suggestions here

Thanks

Oct 11, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #3 of 15
increases bass? on the DT770/80ohm? sheesh.

Fiio E5 will do that, but I honestly don't find it any better than bass boost..
I would say you might as well just EQ. But thats my opinion.

Oct 11, 2009 at 2:24 AM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by nullstring /img/forum/go_quote.gif
increases bass? on the DT770/80ohm? sheesh.

Fiio E5 will do that, but I honestly don't find it any better than bass boost..
I would say you might as well just EQ. But thats my opinion.

Yea, the bass is pretty nice but if I'm able to get more then I will
darthsmile.gif

The fiio e5 is a portable amp, which means i would have to charge it alot. The amp will be sitting in the same spot for a long time...so is there any alternatives? How much more do I need to up my budget?

Oct 18, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fiio E5 is about all your going to get for a $50 budget. ( and it's half your budget at $25 shipped )

i agree with sir Nigel on FiiO E5.. mine last around 30 hours per charge cycle through laptop usb port.. FWIW, i use easy to drive transducers Grados/Alessandros/ksc75

Oct 18, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by bass_nut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i agree with sir Nigel on FiiO E5.. mine last around 30 hours per charge cycle through laptop usb port.. FWIW, i use easy to drive transducers Grados/Alessandros/ksc75

how is the bass boost on it? will i notice a difference between eq and the e5's bass boost?

Oct 21, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #15 of 15
Hi!
I've just bought Grado SR225, but I might need a DAC/Amp for it which, if it's possible, has USB input.
I'd like to enjoy all details of music, but my analog output of my soundcard isn't enough good, I think, as I feel that.
I have only $200 to buy one.
Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back