Which Grados should I get
Sep 14, 2017 at 11:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

tnmike1

Headphoneus Supremus
Haven't been on here for a few years, so pardon the absence. I have the urge to get a decent set of Grados; did some looking thourgh the "search" feature but found nothing up to date.

Listen to classical, symphonies, jazz and female jazz vocals through an analog system--no headphone amp (altho I have an old Portaphile gathering dust) and have narrowed choices to RS1e, RS2 and SR 325e. Reading older posts some people feel the 325 isn't designed for classical music to may have to eliminate that.

So what do you think??? RS1e or RS2?

Sep 15, 2017 at 7:08 PM Post #2 of 6
I would go for the GS2000e, budget permitting. I have a GS2000e myself and I listen to the same kind of music - it sounds really good.

Haven't been on here for a few years, so pardon the absence. I have the urge to get a decent set of Grados; did some looking thourgh the "search" feature but found nothing up to date.

Listen to classical, symphonies, jazz and female jazz vocals through an analog system--no headphone amp (altho I have an old Portaphile gathering dust) and have narrowed choices to RS1e, RS2 and SR 325e. Reading older posts some people feel the 325 isn't designed for classical music to may have to eliminate that.

So what do you think??? RS1e or RS2?

Sep 16, 2017 at 4:07 AM Post #3 of 6
I have had the RS1e and now use the GS1000e. Both are good for classical but the RS1e is brighter and nowhere near as good as the GS1000e.

I have heard good things about the RS2e compared to the RS1e and have always thought I should have got that as opposed to the RS1 which I simply found too bright. The GS1000e are superb.

Sep 16, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #4 of 6
I have heard allmost every model and version of grados, and i prefer my modded SR325is the best there is.
But if you are not in modding, RS2e:s are very impressive and detailed, but not overly harsh. Extremely good price/value.
I personally dont like PS1000e:s. They are weak at the bass. GS1000 could be totally different tho. Those one i havent heard.

Sep 17, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #5 of 6
Now thinking of getting the higher end SR1 or RS2 to replace my bookshelf speakers, B&W 601s. Should be an interesting search

Sep 18, 2017 at 8:15 AM Post #6 of 6
If you are talking about the e series then you are better off with the RS2.

The RS1e for some reason very muddy when compared to the RS2e. The RS2e is a pair of very respectable headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back