Which eartip to use with Westone UM3X?
Dec 10, 2009 at 2:24 AM Post #16 of 39
Beside triple flanges and olives, you can try the basic gray silicone tips, which I think nice too.

bakhtiar-albums-westone-um3x-picture2639-um3x-back-silicone-tip.jpg

Ultimately, you can use the custom-sleeves, the UM56 or generic custom sleeves for hearing aids, which are the pair that I have
smily_headphones1.gif

bakhtiar-albums-westone-um3x-picture3663-um3x-custom-sleeves.jpg

Thank you.

Dec 10, 2009 at 2:38 AM Post #18 of 39
Yeah black olives seem to be the best bet, unless I could afford UM56 easily...does anyone have a pic of the small comply next to the small Black Foam Sleeves?? Thanks
biggrin.gif

Dec 10, 2009 at 2:55 AM Post #19 of 39
Dec 10, 2009 at 2:57 AM Post #20 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by stang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah black olives seem to be the best bet, unless I could afford UM56 easily...does anyone have a pic of the small comply next to the small Black Foam Sleeves?? Thanks
biggrin.gif

Don't go for comply, sound become muddy and lack of detail............

So far I have tried Shure olive, comply, shure silicone grey tips, trimmed tri flange.

Olive is all you need to reproduce best sound, it is also only tip I feel satisfied with UM3x

Dec 10, 2009 at 3:08 AM Post #21 of 39
Thanks for the link, I remember reading that a while ago, but the pics helped this time
biggrin.gif
I am using comply now and I don't really like it that much, I hope the Shure Olives will re-unite me with my UM3X, as I havent used them since I got my dekstop rig up and running. They do isolate very well but that's not always a good thing as I can't hear people talking to me, even with one earphone in. 100% settled on getting the Shure olives. I will have to do a little more research because I am really finding it difficult to choose SMALL or MEDIUM
frown.gif
Small comply that come with the UM3X are a fantastic fit, could be a TAD longer though, like 1mm as i stated before. The medium Shure olives just seem to be thicker whereas the small is narrow.

Dec 10, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #22 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by gameboy115 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't go for comply, sound become muddy and lack of detail............

So far I have tried Shure olive, comply, shure silicone grey tips, trimmed tri flange.

Olive is all you need to reproduce best sound, it is also only tip I feel satisfied with UM3x

??? An Olive and a comply is the same thing as long as the comply is not the longer P-series.

Dec 10, 2009 at 3:11 AM Post #23 of 39
People seem to be saying that MEDIUM shure olives are the same as smal comply, but in their ear the medium olives seem a tad bigger than the complys and a user stated the small shure for them is perfect.

Dec 10, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #24 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
??? An Olive and a comply is the same thing as long as the comply is not the longer P-series.

The comply that comes with the Westone UM3X, small grey ones. Seem to be different from the Shure black foam (olives).

Dec 10, 2009 at 12:18 PM Post #25 of 39
Quote:

The comply that comes with the Westone UM3X, small grey ones. Seem to be different from the Shure black foam (olives).

That is what I was talking about, shure black foam / olives ...............

Shure black foam/olives is different from comply coming with UM3x

I feel disappointed when I used comply with UM3x. and shure olive gave me second chance to re appreciate UM3X.

Hope you like it.

Dec 10, 2009 at 12:21 PM Post #26 of 39
Yeah I think tomorrow I will order the Shure Olives. Sorry for all this confusion lol, I've become really dumb this year
confused.gif
. I think I will take the chance and get the MEDIUM of these: Shure - Black Foam Sleeves

Small maybe too small, not sure. Well, I could always sell the un-used olives on here if the medium are too big
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 11, 2009 at 1:36 AM Post #27 of 39
Quote:

People seem to be saying that MEDIUM shure olives are the same as smal comply, but in their ear the medium olives seem a tad bigger than the complys and a user stated the small shure for them is perfect.

Oh, yes...from a size standpoint I would agree. The foam seems a bit denser on the olives.

Jan 11, 2010 at 7:41 AM Post #29 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slackboy72 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to bump a month old thread but I'm looking for some silicone tips to fit a pair of UM3Xs. Is it possible to use the Shure PA758 tips?

Yes, those fit perfectly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back