Which DAPs work as digital transport (over USB, SPDIF coax/optical)
Apr 15, 2019 at 6:14 AM Post #19 of 33
I am only interested in DAPS with optical mini out (Toslink)
grab n old iRiver then

I've got an H120 n its got a dedicated optical that's works super easy

May 10, 2020 at 6:56 AM Post #22 of 33
Hi everyone

I would like to use my NW-ZX2 has a drive (sometime) to be plugged into my tube DAC (Kora Hermes 2). The DAC has only AES/EBU and coaxial SPDIF inputs.
Is there a mean to get the USB dig out output signal from the ZX2, converted to the coaxial digital input ? if possible any internet link where to buy it would be great !

I only use CD quality files (16 bits 44.1 kHz).

Thanks!

May 10, 2020 at 7:39 AM Post #23 of 33
You need the dock for the ZX2 to get USB out. Then you'd need a USB-SPDIF converter.
The dock is bloody expensive for what it does, but it's Sony (I guess it was them Apple learned from).
It does scale with better PSU than the stock. Also from battery it is much better.
Don't expect it to match a high end digital source, but it's fine.

May 10, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #24 of 33
Ok thanks. Any idea of an affordable USB-SPDIF converter (there are so many : any of them would work ?), regarding the fact that the ZX2 will remain below a high end source ?

May 10, 2020 at 4:36 PM Post #25 of 33
hum I also forgot to ask if the ZX2 is compatible with the PHA-2A amplifier (nothing in relation with my previous post, but I would like to by this amplifier to have balanced output). I cannot find any information on that.
What I know is that the PHA-2A works fine with the ZX1 (with the WM port - USB cable), but as it is not the same android version or whatever....

Thanks !

** Edit

Got a positive answer in PHA-2A thread

Last edited:
May 11, 2020 at 4:48 AM Post #27 of 33
Thanks !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back