which customs Earsonics or Westone?
Aug 27, 2010 at 4:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

knopi

500+ Head-Fier
Hello,

I am starting miss in-ears. I had UM3X and then JH13. I used UM3X with shure black foams, it was only one tips I have found acceptable as regards sound and comfort. Sound was very seductive mainly mids, I was very happy with them. I sold UM3X and I wanted to try JH13 due to the enormous positive feedback. JH13 was better in almost everything than UM3X of course but I felt JH13 lack something. I even do not know how I can describe it, I just enjoyed UM3X every time when I had them. Maybe I had a little fit issue with JH13 who know but I had days when fit was perfect and sound was amazing as well.

So I chose 3 contender, ES3X, ES5 and EM3-Pro. Something tells me take ES3X, moreover decent price but I do not know.
What do you think guys?

Thanks for advices

Aug 27, 2010 at 6:31 AM Post #2 of 7
So u plannin on selling ur JH13's ? I'm interested
L3000.gif

Aug 27, 2010 at 7:19 AM Post #3 of 7
Thanks for interest subzero, unfortunately I have to tell you my pair was sold 1-2 month ago. It is shame because I sold them very cheaply, no one had interest bad timing.

Aug 27, 2010 at 8:00 AM Post #5 of 7
I had them 7 month so I knew them as my shoes, sometimes perfect fit and sometime a little less overall I think it was ok because I did not send them for refit. I know a few people here who prefer ES5, EM3-Pro over JH13 so it is not news, everyone want to find the most ideal sound for himself.

Aug 27, 2010 at 5:28 PM Post #6 of 7
I always say that if someone likes the UM3X, they will probably love the ES3X. I haven't had the pleasure of hearing the new ES5, so I can't comment on them, other than to say I have been very pleased with the last few Westone releases. But if you like the UM3X, the ES3X should make you very happy. Perhaps you can even find a used set to get remolded on the cheap.

Aug 27, 2010 at 9:56 PM Post #7 of 7
From what I've heard the EM3 Pro is a better sounding SM3 and the ES3X is a better sounding custom version of the UM3X. UM3X owners love the ES3X even more, same goes for those who switched over from the SM3 to the EM3 Pro.

I enjoy the sound of the SM3 very much, so much that I've decided that I will pickup the EM3 Pro in the near future.

Personally I would recommend the ES3X to you since you've been enjoying the UM3X so much.
smile_phones.gif

Cheers,

Donny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back