Which Conspiracy "Theories" Do You Believe Are True?
Feb 17, 2015 at 2:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

crazychile

1000+ Head-Fier
After a brief look at the UFO thread, I was wondering which of the more popular conspiracy theories do you guys believe in, and why?

Feb 17, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #2 of 24
Without plausible and VERIFIED evidence I choose to be skeptical of pretty much everything. Popularity isn't gonna prove a thing.

Feb 17, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #3 of 24
I believe in Santa Claus and god. They are equally plausible in my mind.

Feb 17, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #4 of 24
Just one other thing, the onus of the responsibility of providing the evidence is on the ONE MAKING THE CLAIM. Otherwise you would have to prove that there isn't an invisible dragon from another realm NOT living in my garage (because there really is 
tongue.gif
).

Feb 17, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #7 of 24
I am a skeptic to the core. That said, I do believe in a power greater than myself. Can I prove it to you? Not really to your satisfaction, I suspect, but that doesn't shake my belief. I guess that's why they call it a belief. And there you have it.

Feb 17, 2015 at 10:03 PM Post #8 of 24
  I am a skeptic to the core. That said, I do believe in a power greater than myself. Can I prove it to you? Not really to your satisfaction, I suspect, but that doesn't shake my belief. I guess that's why they call it a belief. And there you have it.

That always gets thrown into the mix in a discussion like this. I guess there is a thin line between beliefs and conspiracies.

Feb 17, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #9 of 24

“Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.”-----W. C. Fields

Feb 18, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #14 of 24
  Just one other thing, the onus of the responsibility of providing the evidence is on the ONE MAKING THE CLAIM....

I agree with this, but why is it people tend to believe the "official" version of the story that the media and government perpetuates without question, yet the burden of proof is always on the alternative perspective?

Feb 18, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #15 of 24

I agree with this, but why is it people tend to believe the "official" version of the story that the media and government perpetuates without question, yet the burden of proof is always on the alternative perspective?

The burden of proof is ALWAYS on the one making the claim. Otherwise it's just silly (as per my...or rather Carl Sagan's dragon analogy).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJRy3Kl_z5E

Users who are viewing this thread

Back