Which color Beats Studio is your favorite?
Dec 25, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #18 of 35
I really like the black ones which really aren't Beats at all, and are actually ATH-M50s 
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 25, 2011 at 3:35 AM Post #19 of 35
If you're absolutely set on getting Beats, snag the Pro for your friend's offer of $200USD. At that pricepoint, it isn't a bad deal.

P.S. My favorite Beats Studio color is white because that has the highest resale value.

Dec 26, 2011 at 8:18 PM Post #24 of 35
They're not bad if you have nothing to directly compare them to. Once you do have a comparison, you'll realize they sound pretty muddy compared to decent $100+ headphones, and shouldn't be selling anywhere near their typical MSRP. For the Studios, the lows were far too exaggerated, and felt like a disconnect from the rest of the music. The Pros did better in this respect, and were more balanced, but still lacked the overall clarity you can find with the aforementioned $100+ cans.

They look pretty good, but the light glossy plastic gives me the impression of cheapness and poor build quality. That said, I would probably go for the white ones. I don't think I'd spend much more than $100 on Studios, and $150 on Pros, and even then I don't think I'd use them too frequently.

Dec 27, 2011 at 4:34 AM Post #25 of 35
Opinions on Beats tend to be heavily polarized, so the best way is indeed to demo them yourself.

Quote:
I'll have to head over to a Best Buy to try them both out and see for myself if they're really as horrid as some people here make them out to be lmao.

The pros of getting the Pro (I'm so punny, no?):
- higher resale value: the resale value of the Studios is volatile since retailers discount them often
- less distortion
- doesn't have noise cancellation and doesn't need batteries to work: the Studios' NC is among the worst I've "heard", and it lets a lot of noise bleed (everyone could hear what I was listening to)
- the noise isolation is considerably better
- sturdier
Again, at 200USD, you're not doing yourself a disservice by purchasing the Pro. It's likely you'll be able to resell it for a similar, perhaps even higher, price to your friends if you dislike it. 

Quote:
Just how much better are the pros compared to the studios? Seems like the studios will be a lot more comfortable on my large head.

Dec 27, 2011 at 4:44 AM Post #26 of 35

Quote:
First off, I know there's a lot of animosity towards the Beats products. I normally use a Shure SE535, but I'm starting to want some bass heavy headphones when I listen to rap music for extended periods of time. A friend of mine can get me Beats Studios for $150 and Beats Pro for $200. The Beats Studio were extremely comfortable while the Pros definitely felt tighter. As comfortable as my SE535s are, the discomfort of the Pros definitely didn't feel worthwhile. Do you all agree that Studios are a decent buy for $150? I tested a pair, and they definitely sounded worse than my SE535 except when it came to bass heavy rap songs where I wanted to feel stronger bass.
Anyways... What color Beats do you like the most? I love the regular White ones, but the others are all growing on me!

I have a black Beat Studio which I got it cheap (very cheap). I have SE535 which I listen to during traveling and to/fro work.
Studio is definitely not the one for audiophile listening, what it has is only bass (somewhat distorted bass and too much that affect the mid/high clarity). For some music with less bass, the mid/high clarity is clearer.

Dec 27, 2011 at 5:30 AM Post #27 of 35
I would LOVE a clear headphone. Y'know, you can see all the circuitry and drivers and everything... if they can do it for IEMs, I don't see why headphones don't get the same treatment.

Dec 27, 2011 at 5:56 AM Post #28 of 35
The Aluminum color gives the Studio a really cool look

Dec 27, 2011 at 6:08 AM Post #29 of 35

Quote:
I would LOVE a clear headphone. Y'know, you can see all the circuitry and drivers and everything... if they can do it for IEMs, I don't see why headphones don't get the same treatment.

OMG I had the exact same thought

Transparent headphoens , able to see the wires and drivers
That would be sick but could look messy if there is no cable management

But for a realistic color, White

Dec 27, 2011 at 6:42 AM Post #30 of 35
pink obviously. i also would get myself a matching pink fitted,pink tee, and pink dickie pants before showing up in ma hood. ya know how i roll. i have to look fly for ma hood rats,ya mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back