Which Cans for the Sansa Clip?
Jan 5, 2010 at 10:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

KLJTech

1000+ Head-Fier
For now I feel set at headphones on my main stereo rig with AKG 701's and Grado 325i's (so you know what type I enjoy).

What I'm looking for is a set of headphones that are light weight and are easy to drive with my 8GB Sansa Clip, I do have the FiiO E5 as well if needed.

I have the iGrado's but since they go behind the neck I find them uncomfortable when I'm trying to lay back and relax around the house. I'm not fond of ear-buds or any type of transducer that needs to be placed into my ear.

A few headphones I'm interested in are the Sennheiser HD 428 (seem a bit big for what I want), Koss PortaPro and the Sennheiser PX 100 II. Does anyone here have any experience with any of these and if so are they a step up from the iGrado's?

Am I better off just using my Fiio E5 with my full sized Grado 325i's? I'd love to find something that wouldn't stand out so much when I wear them outside of the house yet still sound good.

Thanks in advance for any help you may provide and Happy New Year!
-Kevin

Jan 5, 2010 at 11:13 PM Post #2 of 2
I don't consider the PortaPros or PX100 (at least not the 1st gen) to be an upgrade from the iGrados soundwise. If you can bear clip-ons I'd take a look at the Yuin G2A. They won't provide the bass impact of the others but they're a good step up in terms of detail, clarity, imaging, and all the other things you're used to with your high end cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back