Which are you, Electronics geek? Music Lover? Mix of both?
May 21, 2008 at 7:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

Dominat0r

Formerly known as HighLife
I was just thinking about this...which are you more...

Electronics geek?

Music Lover?

Mixture of Both?

May 21, 2008 at 7:25 AM Post #2 of 39
Both for me! I play (or used to play): piano, clarinet, flute, alto sax, tenor sax, and I pretend to play the drums and guitar (yay for only remembering one chord!).

As for electronics, I'll give you the latest example...a few hours ago, I was supposed to be doing my English Senior Project (still am...I'm pulling an all-nighter at this rate), and I was typing with one hand, because the other hand was meticulously trying to apply a BSE skin onto my friend's new iPod Touch.

I also check out engadget.com at least five times a day.
biggrin.gif

May 21, 2008 at 7:26 AM Post #3 of 39
I played drums in middle and high school, marched for a few years. Played in off bands back and forth but gave it up to be geek =)

I love music , however love electronics more =) I still consider to be both myself.

May 21, 2008 at 7:58 AM Post #5 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Both, but I've been a musician longer.

what do you play if you dont mind me asking?

May 21, 2008 at 9:20 AM Post #6 of 39
I used to play the cello (am about to start again), and also play the guitar. I've built a 1080p lcd projector as well, so I guess I'm also and electronics geek.

May 21, 2008 at 12:44 PM Post #7 of 39
I love Music and I love Computers
smily_headphones1.gif

At school, I learn computer engineering (C#), but at home, I rock all day :p

May 21, 2008 at 12:51 PM Post #8 of 39
Though I might count as both, I checked "music lover" as I normally tend to think music when I deal with hi-fi. Electronics does enter into it, but not to a sufficient degree that I would check "both".

May 21, 2008 at 1:05 PM Post #9 of 39
Yeah, technically I imagine everyone - on this site at least - is a "mixture" of both.

Anyway, we all get what HighLife is asking. Give me music. I've downgraded my audio set-up without missing it. Now, if my music valve were shut off, that would be the hard to take.

May 21, 2008 at 1:17 PM Post #10 of 39
More music than geek (hopefully), though it's pretty much unavoidable to be both these days, if you like music. Even old-schoolers, who are geeks really for that very reason.

May 21, 2008 at 3:44 PM Post #13 of 39
Id say music lover first, but i do love a bit of DIY. Being a student doesn't really allow for the time/funds to do much though. Lots of time to make up for it though once i got a proper job.
biggrin.gif

May 21, 2008 at 3:45 PM Post #14 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by J.D.N /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Id say music lover first, but i do love a bit of DIY. Being a student doesn't really allow for the time/funds to do much though. Lots of time to make up for it though once i got a proper job.
biggrin.gif

Yeah, and then watch out for that balanced B22!!!
wink.gif

May 21, 2008 at 3:47 PM Post #15 of 39
Both for sure. I play all of the low brass instruments, including tuba, and euphonium. My real passion is for the trombone.

I am also an IT guy, and I love computers and other geek-dom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back