Wheres the HD555 Appreciation Thread?
Mar 11, 2008 at 12:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

pomme de terre

100+ Head-Fier
Ive looked through many many many pages of threads after using the search function, but couldn't find one. Does no one appreciate the HD555?
frown.gif

Mar 11, 2008 at 2:40 AM Post #3 of 36
But This should be officially sanctioned as THE HD-555 appreciation thread.

When I got mine, they were my first 'real' cans and boy have I logged some heavy hours on those bad boys, even after upgrading to pricier 'phones.

This is due to their great comfort and nice wide sound presentation.

Now come on guys, I know a great percentage of head-fiers own them. Or have owned em...

Mar 11, 2008 at 3:09 AM Post #4 of 36
There is no appreciation because there is nothing to appreciate. Key word in your post was "have owned". They were gotten rid of because of how much better other headphones were. I'd rather listen to PK3's than HD555's.

Mar 11, 2008 at 4:41 AM Post #6 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioCats /img/forum/go_quote.gif
come on, the 555's are not that bad, they are competent performers in the sub $60 group.

That said, I sold mine, and never regret it.

Except they're ~$100 new.

That said, I had my HD555s for well over a year and loved them dearly before selling them. I just love my beyers more. =D

Mar 11, 2008 at 5:43 AM Post #9 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Namrac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Except they're ~$100 new.

That said, I had my HD555s for well over a year and loved them dearly before selling them. I just love my beyers more. =D

You misinterpreted AudioCats words. Read carefully and you'll get it
tongue.gif

Mar 11, 2008 at 6:51 AM Post #10 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by pomme de terre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does no one appreciate the HD555?
frown.gif

At similar local prices for me, they can't hold a candle to the Audio Technica ATH-AD700 IMHO.

Local pricing for you may vary of course, making them better purely on cost/performance.......

Mar 11, 2008 at 5:49 PM Post #12 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricepicker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is no appreciation because there is nothing to appreciate. Key word in your post was "have owned". They were gotten rid of because of how much better other headphones were. I'd rather listen to PK3's than HD555's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioCats /img/forum/go_quote.gif
come on, the 555's are not that bad, they are competent performers in the sub $60 group.

That said, I sold mine, and never regret it.

That's some solid non-subjectivity right there, with the reasoning and all.

Mar 11, 2008 at 6:00 PM Post #14 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricepicker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If that was the case then there wouldn't be any appreciation threads for low level Grado headphones ala the sr60s.

The HD555's are solid. I have a pair of dt880's and dr150's and I doubt I will ever sell my 555s.

Mar 11, 2008 at 6:00 PM Post #15 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isn't this forum all about subjectivity? I don't quite understand what you are attacking them for.

There has to be reasoning behind an opinion, otherwise they're just troll bait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back