Where to go next?
Mar 2, 2009 at 1:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

discombobulation

100+ Head-Fier
Okay, I've got a broaaadddd selection of musical genres that I listen to and I noticed that there's a wide variety of listeners on here...so in the off chance that someone has similar taste, could you recommend me something FRESH? Or perhaps even some genres that I should check out?

Some of my favourite artists:
Dax Riggs, Jeff Buckley, Portishead, Steve Von Till, Antoine Dufour, Secret Chiefs 3, Jean Baudin, Bohren & Der Club Of Gore, Hiromi Uehara, Miles Davis, The Cinematic Orchestra, ISIS, Colour Haze, God Is An Astronaut, LITE, Toe, Ludovico Einaudi, Les Fragments de La Nuit, Clint Mansell, Paganini, Earth, Electric Wizard, Aesop Rock, Spor, Sixtoo, Venetian Snares, Baroness, Cynic, Opeth, The Mars Volta, Tool, Genghis Tron, High On Fire, Neurosis, Mastodon, Omega Massif, Deeds Of Flesh, Defeated Sanity, Disgorge, Hour Of Penance, Origin, Suffocation, Wormed, Bloodbath, Gorguts, Meshuggah, Periphery, Blotted Science, Animals As Leaders, Agalloch, Tenhi, Rotten Sound, Ion Dissonance, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Arsis, Neuraxis, Abominable Putridity, Guttural Engorgement, Demilich, Hate Eternal, Spawn of Possession, Nile, Odious Mortem, Psycroptic, Ahab, Esoteric, Evoken, Sunn O))).........phew.
smile_phones.gif

Mar 2, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #2 of 5
You could try some Devin Townsend. Spaced out metal with superb melodies,layered sound and well produced albums.
Terria and Ocean Machine would be good starting points.

Mar 2, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #3 of 5
You need to check out:

-dredg (I recommend their albums "El Cielo" or "Catch Without Arms")

-Mew (I would recommend their album titled, "And The Glass Handed Kites)

If you like these guys, both of them have albums on the way. Dredg's new album comes out in May and the new Mew album's release date hasn't been announced yet, but it will probably come out in May or June as well.

-E

Mar 2, 2009 at 2:22 AM Post #4 of 5
Have you thought about jumping genres altogether? I've been making an effort to get into more electronica, and I've been enjoying it. Considering that I've spent the past few years marinating in jazz and classical, it was a jump. Worth it, though. If there's something you've been curious about, just buy a few discs and listen. There's nothing wrong with what you listen to right now, but there's stuff out there that you don't even know you like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back