Where to get UE custom IEM cables in Europe on the cheap?
Aug 17, 2011 at 3:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

dfkt

Headphoneus Supremus
The cable on my UE11 is getting a bit long in the tooth, I'd like to get a fresh one.

Seeing as they are usually quite a bit overpriced - does anyone know a store in Europe that sells them for a reasonable price? Or are there clones/fakes of UE cables? I don't care as long as it lasts another year or two.

Aug 17, 2011 at 3:41 AM Post #2 of 6

Quote:
The cable on my UE11 is getting a bit long in the tooth, I'd like to get a fresh one.

Seeing as they are usually quite a bit overpriced - does anyone know a store in Europe that sells them for a reasonable price? Or are there clones/fakes of UE cables? I don't care as long as it lasts another year or two.

Have you though of a custom cable? Usually they have a lifetime warranty

Aug 17, 2011 at 3:57 AM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
You mean those "boutique" cables? Usually they're even more overpriced than stock UE cables, and they have huge Neutrik angled plugs or similar.

I'd like a regular low-profile cable without bling. :)

Just grab the "cheap" $20 cable from UE website, no warranty. Custom as you say "boutique" cable have warrantys, usually a lifetime supply

Aug 17, 2011 at 4:11 AM Post #5 of 6
Cables for UE custom IEMs are more like $40 on their website. And that's only for the USA, in Europe they're even more expensive (around $60-70). Shipping costs from UE to Europe add another $50. The $20 Triple.Fi/Super.Fi cables don't fit UE custom IEMs.

So, anyone knows where to get the cable in Europe? I know of Fischer Amps in Germany and of Handheldaudio in the UK that sell the cables, but I'm curious if there's a cheaper option.

Aug 17, 2011 at 8:14 AM Post #6 of 6
If you don't mind a straight neutrik plug on one I could sell you one for relatively cheap. It's been sitting in my desk drawer for the last few months now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back