Where to get this rotary switch
Jun 29, 2005 at 6:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

amb

Member of the Trade: AMB Laboratories
I've used a high quality input selector rotary switch on my DIY preamp before (made by Alps, has sealed contacts, compact body, and purchased in Taiwan many years ago), and now I can't find a source for these any more. Anyone has any leads? I am looking for one in 2-pole, 5-position. The following pic shows what this switch-style looks like.

Thanks.

attachment.php

Jun 29, 2005 at 7:45 PM Post #2 of 9
The only thing I've been able to find that was similar were the switches listed here. I'm not sure if they're comparable to the Alps switches but they certainly aren't cheap. I googled "alps rotary switch sealed contacts" and got a few hits but none that were exact matches of what you're looking for, sorry.

Nate

Jun 29, 2005 at 7:53 PM Post #3 of 9
ive seen the lucas eba ones that look similar, but on inspecting a catalog, their 2 pole switches appear to be 6 throw
frown.gif

Jun 30, 2005 at 12:59 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pars
Looked at the Alps catalog online and while I didn't see one that was identical, this one is close. Not sure if you can buy these direct from Alps USA or not.

Thanks! The Alps SRRN series looks like the right one. I'll check to see if these are available in single quantities anywhere... Wish me luck.

Jun 30, 2005 at 1:32 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by amb
Thanks! The Alps SRRN series looks like the right one. I'll check to see if these are available in single quantities anywhere... Wish me luck.

Keep us posted on where and how much. I got a Lorlin for use in my Dynalo, but these look nicer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back