Where to get custom boxes when shipping out headphones?
Nov 1, 2006 at 11:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

aluren

Headphoneus Supremus
I rarely go to the post office or sell anything on ebay, so I'm kinda lost when it comes to this. I wanted to know where you can get custom boxes to put headphones in them when you do sell it. I mean I've seen boxes sold at the post office, but do you have to buy the box there and bring it home to package it yourself, or do they do it there on the spot and I just simply bring whatever it is I want to ship? Thanks in advance for the advice.

Nov 2, 2006 at 12:00 AM Post #2 of 10
They are free at the USPS if you use priority mail. I usually grab a bunch on the way out the door so I can do furure shipments at home. But really, all you need is some packaging tape and newspapers and you can do it right there at the USPS. Although its probably not wise to show everyone that youre shipping an expensive piece of electronics.

Insure to the fullest amount.
Spend the extra $.50 and ship with a tracking number.

Nov 2, 2006 at 12:02 AM Post #3 of 10
You can also hit up a walmart/walgreens, they usually have all the materials you'd need.

Nov 2, 2006 at 12:09 AM Post #4 of 10
I like to reuse the boxes I get when ordering stuff online. If you don't buy many things online, try looking in your area for a warehouse, or a business that deals in mail-order. Should be easy to pilfer a few boxes when no one's looking.
tongue.gif

Nov 2, 2006 at 12:29 AM Post #5 of 10
I buy so many things online that I just keep all the boxes and reuse them. Coming from a guy who used to buy/sell on ebay, let me tell you you end up getting ALOT of boxes.

Nov 2, 2006 at 1:13 AM Post #6 of 10
If you are in the U.S., you can leave a note in your mailbox, put up the flag, requesting a few "Shoebox" flat rate boxes - usually the carrier has some in his jitney, but if a walking carrier, you will have to wait a day or so...and the jitney may not have any either - again, a day's wait. They are free, and there is a 70 pound limit on what you ship. It costs $8.10 anywhere in the U.S. You can add Insurance. If you go online, you can print the label, bill to a credit card, and seal it up at home, and the carrier will take it the next mail day. You need spend no money, gas, or time going to the Post Office. the "shoebox" shaped one is perfect for headphones.

Nov 2, 2006 at 7:49 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
They are free at the USPS if you use priority mail. I usually grab a bunch on the way out the door so I can do furure shipments at home. But really, all you need is some packaging tape and newspapers and you can do it right there at the USPS. Although its probably not wise to show everyone that youre shipping an expensive piece of electronics.

Insure to the fullest amount.
Spend the extra $.50 and ship with a tracking number.

cool! i see those boxes at USPS but never thought they were free... but then again, its up for grabs by anybody and there's no price tag on them....

Nov 2, 2006 at 8:06 PM Post #10 of 10
If you ship via USPS Priority Mail- you get the free boxes and if you print the shipping label from the USPS website with Click n Ship there’s no charge for Delivery Confirmation.

When filling out the Click n Ship Label if you include the recipients email address they Post Office will email them the Delivery Confirmation Number.

Real Convenient. Plus you can order the Free Priority Mail Boxes for free and have them delivered to your house. And for the ultimate Hardcore shipper you can schedule for the Post Office to pick up the items- I haven’t done this yet but it could be real convenient.

Mitch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back